I hadn’t planned on spending my vacation working…
Check out the cool logo to the right…
I did good! I likes it! I likes it!
And I did it all by myself!
(patting my self on the back)
I’ve been toying with the idea of opening an online shop selling t-shirts, mugs, buttons, etc., for ages. But I’ve never gotten around to doing it. I’ve got literally hundreds of quotes, quips, and design ideas jotted down on paper.
Most of the designs are dance related. Surprise! LOL!
Oh, and the other designs are LOL related. As in LOL Cats. You may have noticed that I’ve created a few LOL Cats for my blog, using them to illustrate whatever the topic at hand may be. I’m putting the best of those into the store first, since they represent already created artwork.
I’ve got the store set up and although it is open for business, I’ve got a couple tweaks that I still want to do to it like:
- adding a newsletter sign up,
- adding a RSS feed
- adding “share” buttons on the top page
- and I want to set up some sort of rotating banner that will display the newest designs added to the store.
But that aside, the basic framework is in place and I think it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. And I do. ;-) (But if anyone knows how to do any of the things on my “to do” list then give me a shout! [insert pitiful deperate look])
Here is the first design in the shop.
The cute little kitten just above. Don’tcha want one? LOL!
I’ve got a few more line up and in the pipeline which will appear soon in the shop. You may recall them from seeing them here in my blog posts:
So there you are. My new enterprise. Goodness knows where I’ll find the time to do the store, do this blog, dance my booty off, work 40 hours a week at my day job, let my domestic diva run free to do laundry and clean house, balance a budget, and exercise and monitor my diet, but I have to! It’s called life! LOL
In all seriousness, that new truck of mine (which I really really really love) is really taking a bite out of my budget and dance is suffering. So I either have to increase the amount of money coming in or I decrease the amount of dance going out. It is as simple as that.
So wish me luck and check out the new shop. Let me know if you spot any typos! LOL
See ya on the dance floor!
Related Links / Articles
- TxCowboyDancer Designs (cafepress.com)
- “World Championships” mean it’s time to plan for the coming Competition Year (txcowboydancer.com)
- Driveshaft Drama: “Getting Healthy Requires a Budget” (txcowboydancer.com)
- Driveshaft Drama: The Continuing Saga… (txcowboydancer.com)
- Driveshaft Drama: Preview of Coming Attractions (txcowboydancer.com)
- Driveshaft Drama: The Final Chapter–I’m a Papa! (txcowboydancer.com)