I’ve been BUZZZEEE!
I’ve crossed a lot off my “To Do” list…
Because I don’t want to spend a lot of time and because the clock is staring at me and because I’ve got to get up tomorrow at 8am whether or not I’m rested and because I’ve got a LONG day ahead of me tomorrow, I’m going to make this quick.
Well, “quick” as in “quick for Tony”
Anyway… first a confession. Over the past two years as my life has slid into the crapper, my humble abode which consists of a small room, a bathroom, a portion of the kitchen and a corner of the dining room have become well, uhmmm… Icky.
Here is a pic of my room, all tidy and neat. — at least one side of it anyway…. And don’t try to zoom in, there is dust but I kept the resolution down low so ya can’t see it… so there! Thhhhhppppttttttt!
Anyway, I’ve realized though that something which got messed up over the course of MANY months can’t be fixed in a day or even a week. It is going to take a little each day to get everthing ship shape, dusted, cleaned, organized and toss a lot of stuff I don’t need and don’t use out the door…
Hmmmm… that applies to me and my body as well doesn’t it?!
Wow….deep thoughts late at night. Oh my!
Ok, Off the top of my head here are the things that I’ve accomplished over the past week (in no particular order)
- Installed new blinds in the window of my room — the old ones were grody
- Listed a bunch of stuff for sale on ebay and Amazon, holding kind of an “online garage sale” If you want to take a peek here are some links.
(please check it out… Please buy!!! I need the cash [insert desperate look])
- – My stuff for sale on eBay
- — My stuff for sale on Amazon
- – I posted some links to some cool DANCE designs I found on Zazzle. I’ll add more as time permits
- – I listed my TV and TV stand on Craigslist. (If you’re in the DFW area or know someone in the DFW area and need a TV or TV stand check it out)
- – My stuff for sale on eBay
- After a long absence of several months, I’m once again writing on Squidoo:
- UPDATED: Top Ten Most Popular Line Dances from the CopperKnob Line Dance Archive
- UPDATED: Top Ten Line Dances from the World Line Dance Newsletter
- And on those two lenses, I did a lot of cool HTML stuff that you can’t really see but which in theory should make the articles more visible to Google which means more people will look at them and maybe buy some of the cool Zazzle Designs that I put on the pages and the music for the line dances and etc etc.
- And I also tested those two pages in all FOUR of the major browsers (four not five because who cares if it looks good in IE. IE is dying. Microsoft! Hisssssss!!!!
- Every item of clothes I own is now clean. We won’t discuss.. But this is HUGE!
- My old “laundry hamper” which allowed me to pile up the clothes for ages before doing the laundry is now for sale on Amazon. Hey, it’s a great hamper, it’s not the hamper’s fault that I procrastinate! Anyway, I now have a new, smaller hamper which means that, if my plan works, I’ll do laundry when the hamper is full. And since the hamper will only hold a week’s worth of clothes… TADAH! I do laundry every week!
- Did I mention the blinds? The really do look cool!
- More and more of my room is now a dust free zone. Bit by bit, I’m killing the marauding armies of dust bunnies!
- A replacement wall vent is now on order and will be arriving soon. As soon as it is, the old grody, icky, rusty, nasty one will go into the trash and the new clean one (properly sealed to ensure no excess air leakage) will be installed.
- The aerator that has been missing on the kitchen sink for almost two years is now REPLACED! It took two trips to Lowe’s to get the right size but TADAH!
- My license plates are now on my truck and not in my inbox.
- I found my Mazda Title!!!!!!! Which means I can finally do something with it. Sell it is what I’m going to try to do.
- I drove to Austin for my first lesson with my new coach.
- I got the Manager at my storage unit to agree that if I bring him a competitors price he will match it. That is a good thing because it means I don’t have to move all that stuff. BUT….
- I eyeballed what is in the storage unit and there is definitely stuff I can sell.
- I invoiced a client for a gig I’m doing next week.
- I updated my business cards and printed out a bunch of them.
- I got my gate widget velcroed and stuck on the dash of my truck. Woot! Hey it’s the little things sometimes.
- I found my bed risers and switched them out for the pillow wedges. Stay tuned to see if the new arrangement makes me sleep better. I’m still in pursuit of a good night’s sleep.
- Oh, and I danced. Practiced and all that dancing stuff.
- Took some junk to Goodwill
But I feel good. I got a LOT done this week!
My Inner Domestic Diva demands that I now rest.
See ya on the dance floor!
- Reflect, Revel, Reward, and Revise…Really! (txcowboydancer.com)
- I’m re-reading the Dresden Files (as part of my “new year plan”) (txcowboydancer.com)
- Special Discount for ProAm Students, Couples and Social Line Dancers (txcowboydancer.com)
- After a week of drama in Nashville, “New World Champion” sounds pretty good! (txcowboydancer.com)
- Big D Bash & Pro-Am Line Dance (txcowboydancer.com)
Posted on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, in Diet & Fitness Drama and tagged getting organized, LOL Cats, Google, Squidoo, making money online, zazzle, Hamper, Microsoft, Craigslist, cleaning, house cleaning, spring cleaning, garage sales, ebay, selling on ebay, selling on zazzle, pinterest, charles dickens, please sir I want some more, handyman, hot handyman, sexy handyman, butch, diva, domestic diva, laundry hampers, diva kitty. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.