Beginning Line Dance Class: Come Learn “Breaking Hearts”
Continuing the “Party Match Up” Series…
I choose dances where the choreography of the dance is done to distinct types of music which correspond to the couples dance styles: Cha-Cha, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Rumba, Tango, Night Club Two Step, Polka, Salsa, etc.
Why? Because finding a place to actually DANCE the line dances that you learn in class is HARD! Of course you can always dance in your kitchen or living room or even on the front porch. The neighbors might talk about that “crazy person” down the block, but you could do it.
DanceMakers has two “Practice Parties” each month. In Feb they will be on Feb 10th and Feb 24th, 8pm – 9:30 pm.
Psssssstttt… don’t tell anyone but a line dance does NOT have to be danced to the original song!!!! Shhhh…it is our secret. 🙂
So….to use this week’s dance as an example, when you’re at the Practice Party, and a “Cha Cha” comes on, you can jump out in the middle of the floor and start doing “Breaking Hearts” the dance that we’ll review/learn on Tue. As you dance, use good dance floor etiquette and be aware of the other dancers on the floor so that everyone can enjoy their style of dance, both couples and line.
So, come on out, join the fun, and learn this awesome “Cha-Cha” on Tuesday, Jan 31st at 6pm
- Have fun!
- Meet new people.
- Use this pattern to practice basic Cha-Cha technique and improve your couples dancing.
- And… HAVE LOTS OF FUN!
When & Where…
- Every Tuesday at 6pm!
Next class is tonight, Jan 31st!!!!
- DanceMakers of Texas
— 6201 Sunset Drive, Suite 630 Fort Worth, TX 76116 [Get Directions]
— Studio ph: 817-244-8500
- Save money by paying for the entire month:
- Drop in rate for a single class is $15
- Save money by buying either a 4 pack “dance card” for $50 — which works out to $12.50 per class OR
- Save money by buying an 8 pack “dance card” for $80 — which works out to $10 per class OR
- Save money by doing one the “unlimited dance classes” packages offered by DanceMakers OR
- Snag the special “Groupon” offer (see details below)
This week’s line dance:
- Name: Breaking Hearts
- Choreographer: Gintarė Kirklytė
- UCWDC and ACDA Competition Dance. – Newcomer skill level in the “Cuban” Category.
- Stepsheet UCWDC website: (opens a PDF file — you’ll need a PDF reader on your device)
- Music: That’s What Breaking Hearts Do / by George Strait
(preview for free on Amazon or purchase for download)
- Demo Video: click the image below or click on this link:
Ready! Set! Go!
✔ Mark your calendars!
✔ “Like/Join” my Facebook Page: Line Dancing with Tony New
✔ Join my mailing list to get info on the classes delivered direct to your inbox
✔ Still got questions? — Then hop on over to
.. “Frequently Asked Questions about Tony’s Line Dance Classes“
Oh..about that Groupon Offer…
IF you haven’t already snagged this awesome deal…check out the Groupon Special below!
- IF you haven’t been to class in a while, then this is your personal invitation to come back for a visit! Woot!
- IF you are a regular, then call up a friend and invite them AND share this speical with them! Woot!
One Month of Unlimited Group Classes! — Including the Line Dance Class!
See ya on the dance floor!
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2017, in Dance, Line Dance and tagged copperknob, country line dance, Dallas, dance class, Dance Makers of Texas, DanceMakers, dancemakers of texas, dancing, DFW, DFW Area, Eric Hutchinson, fort worth, Ft. Worth, learn to dance, learn to line dance, line, Line dance, line dance class, Line Dance with Tony, Line Dancing, Line Dancing with Tony New, linedance, Robbie McGowan-Hickie, stepsheet, tell the world, tony new. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.