My shortest post ever… “I’m on a Positive Feedback Loop”
In completely random order…
OK, folks this is going to look more like a “Facebook” or “Twitter” post than one of my usual blog posts…
BUT… Sqqqqeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I am feeling AWESOME at the moment and I just had to share
The past couple / three weeks have seen some NOTICEABLE improvements in my health and fitness. A few months ago I felt as if I had hit the very bottom; I just didn’t see how it could get any worse.
Now, a few months further along, I think I was right. That was the “bottom” — why? I’m glad you asked. Because since then things have been getting better, a little at a time. A TEENY tiny LITTLE itty bitty bit at a time, but better.
So, in no particular order, these are the things that I’m happy about this morning:
- My weight on the scale this morning was 300.6 lbs. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo close to being under 300lbs! I can almost TASTE it!
- I went shopping at Kroger this week. Which is a HUGE step. I’ve been shopping at this tiny grocery mart called “Braums” for the bulk of my food. Because frankly I didn’t have the strength or stamina to go shopping at a large grocery store — the distance I had to cover to do my shopping was more than I had the strength to do. Literally. No exageration. But this week I shopped at Kroger, AND I was able to carry ALL of the groceries up the stairs without having to ask my room mate for help! Yay!
- I did a two loads of laundry on Saturday. And it wasn’t until I was done that I realized that it wasn’t an ordeal. Which is FRIGGIN’ AMAZING!
- I have met my Out of Pocket Maximum with my insurance for the year, which means that for the rest of the year everything is covered at 100% Yay! Even doctor’s visits copays and Rx copays are all zero! Yay!
- Did I mention that my weight was 300.6 lbs?
- I sold my bed! Yay! That means that I no longer have to pay $29 a month for a storage unit. Yay!
- And the money from the bed ($150) covered the gap between my monthly pension and the amount I need to pay bills. Now all I need to earn is money for food for the 2nd half of the month. Yay!
- I did a chart for my doctor — I have an appointment tomorrow morning (Tue Oct 6). My blood glucose numbers are on a downward trajectory which means that the diabetes medication is doing its job. I think it will do an even better job once I start taking it on a completely regular schedule. I sometimes forget to take the night-time dose. (My bad.) My doctor is going to give me a “Mom Look” tomorrow when I see her. But she’ll give me a hug for loosing more weight! 😀
- Avg for Last two weeks: 125
- Avg for Last four weeks: 126
- Avg for Last Last eight weeks: 127
- Avg for Last twelve weeks: 130
- Avg for Sept: 126
- Avg for Aug: 128
- Avg for July: 137
- And finally. This is the week. Come hell or high water, I am going to get to the dance studio three times this week! Well, technically, I’m not going to a “dance studio” — For me my “dance studio” is actually 24 Hour Fitness aerobics room, butcha know what I mean.. 🙂
See ya on the dance floor!
Posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2015, in Getting Fit, Getting Healthy, Living with Diabetes and tagged blood glucose levels, diabetes, doctor, good things, happy, Health insurance, loosing weight, positive feedback loop, Weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.