Announcing a “Special Series” of dances for my August Line Dance Class!
Good News! The August class made…
Right now, we are in the tail end of the “Summer Months” where people’s lives become very very busy, understandably so. As a result, attendance in dance classes drop off, not just mine…all dance classes.
Things pick back up in the Fall, thank goodness, but every dance instructor, including myself holds their breath through the last bit of Summer wondering how many students are going to show up.
I’m happy to say that we squeaked by with JUST enough students for August to “make the class” Whew!
…which presents us with a unique opportunity…
One of the things I do in my Tuesday Night Class, is tailor the dances I select to the skill levels of the students in the class.
Which means that most of the time, I teach dances which are in the middle of the “Beginner” level and sometimes goes up into the “Improver” level.
Right now, the group of students in the class who have signed up for August, are all on the upper end of the “beginner” spectrum, able to handle “High Beginner / Improver” level dances pretty darn tootin’ good…
Yes I’m complimenting you, my awesome wonderful students…because it happens to be TRUE!
…so…I am going to present
“a Special Series of Dances”
Hopefully this “Special Series” will challenge and entertain the current crop of students for August AND…
….TEMPT some of you folks who haven’t been to class in a while to come back and join the fun!!!!
…And MAYBE even bring some new folks into the class!!! Woot!
- AUG 9th — 6, 8, 12 / choreographed by Daan Geelen
— 32 count, 2 wall, Smooth (Nightclub), Newcomer Level
— Music: 6, 8, 12 / by Brian McKnight
— Video: http://ucwdc.org/associatemembercenter/stepvideos/2017/2017%20Newcomer%20Smooth%20-%206%208%2012.mp4
- AUG 16th — Happy Girl / choreographed by Marlon Ronkes
— 48 Count, 2 wall, Cuban (Cha-Cha), Newcomer Level
— Music: Happy Girl / by Martina McBride (pitched down to 108) — This dance can be danced to just about any slow cha-cha song. I’ll provide information in class about how to adjust the tempo “pitch” of a song. Those who have been in my class know that I sometimes “slow a song down” — Now you’ll know how to do that too!
— Video: http://ucwdc.org/associatemembercenter/stepvideos/2017/2017%20Newcomer%20Cuban%20-%20HAPPY%20GIRL.mp4
- AUG 23rd — Move That Grove / choreographed by Tina Argyle
— 32 count, 4 Wall, Stage/Novelty (Pop) Newcomer Level
— Music: We Are Family (A.R. Remix) / by Groovy 69
— Video: http://ucwdc.org/associatemembercenter/stepvideos/2017/2017%20Newcomer%20StageNovelty%20-%20MOVE%20THAT%20GROOVE.mp4
- AUG 30th — Because these three dances are on the upper end of the “Newcomer/Improver” range for this class, we will use the last class of this month to Review & Practice of these three dances — Sort of a “graduation” / “mini-dance party” Woot! IF we have time at the end of the hour, we’ll learn a fun “Party Line Dance” that you can use with just about any piece of music.
Why these three dances?
I’m sure you’re wondering what makes these dances so special? And why teach them now?
LOTS OF REASONS…
- “Why now?” is explained up above.. Woot! You did read all that right? LOL!!!
- These three dances are the UCWDC Newcomer Level competition dances for 2016-2017. There are not one, but two UCWDC events held here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area where, if you choose, could compete, using these dances: The Dallas Dance Festival, in November; and Big D Bash, held in February. — Big D Bash is an all line dance event – 3 days of nothing but line dancing.
- Taking these three dances in my “Tuesday Class” is a HUGE cost savings. When I teach these dances privately to students wanting to get started in line competition, the cost is a $120 for the three dances. Here’s your chance to learn them at a fraction of that cost!!!!
- Two of the students in the class right now (for August) happen to be competitors or former competitors and the other student is is just oozing with talent and can easily handle these dances. And since I “tailor” my classes…well, there ya go!
- These dances are fun and filled with the steps that show up in line dances of all kinds and difficulty levels so they are excellent “teaching tools.”
- Two of the three dances use music which “Couples Dancers” will recognize: Cha-Cha and Night Club Two-Step. The line dances incorporate basic footwork from those two styles thus these dances are an EXCELLENT PRACTICE DRILL for Couples Dancers who wish to have a way to practice fundamentals on their own.
And….DanceMakers Winter Showcase coming up…!!!!
DanceMakers has a “student showcase” twice a year, one in the Spring and one in Late Fall…
I thought that we could, as a group, do one of these dances in the Showcase. Which would be AWESOME fun!!!!
Think about it….I’d really like to see a bunch of students from my Line Class dance together in a number in the show!
See ya in Class!
And yes, I know I type long posts…. BUT I wanted folks to know the background about this “Special Series”
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity!
Line Dance Class – When & Where:
- Every Tuesday at 6pm
— Four classes left in August: 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th
- — 6201 Sunset Drive, Suite 630 Fort Worth, TX 76116 [Get Directions]
— Studio Phone: 817-244-8500
- Drop-ins Welcome ($15 per class) but save money by paying for the entire month ($10 per class–e.g. 3 classes left is $30)
OR by taking advantage of the August “Dog Days of Summer” Special
—- get a discount for taking more than one class. [Full Class Schedule]
Posted on Mon, Aug 8, 2016, in Misc. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment