Changing up how I report on the Top Ten Line Dances
There is just not enough time in the day…
Keeping track of the Top Ten Line Dance Reporting lists takes time. Lots of it. You’d be horrified about how much time it takes. So I decided to change from reporting on the Top from Weekly to Monthly.
Up to now, I’ve had a detailed page where I put the Top Ten Dances from each site:
- World Line Dance Newsletter
- LineDancer Magazine
On each of these detailed pages I had, for each dance:
- The dance’s current rank #1, #2, #3, etc
- An indicator of whether the dance was moving up or down the list
- Details about the dance, like count, # of restarts & tags, difficulty level, etc.
- The name of the dance and the name of the choreographer
- Link to a stepsheet for the dance
- Link to the music on Amazon.
- Link to the music on iTunes
- And embedded videos of the dance, both demonstrations and teaches
Then I had two “summary / review” lists which I created myself:
- TxCowboyDancer’s Weekly Summary – which basically listed the Top Ten dances as a simple list and then had a link to the more detailed page.
- TxCowboyDancer’s Weekly Review — a kind of Best of the Best “Most Popular” which listed only those dances which appeared on at least two of the four websites.
Whew! I’m getting tire just listing it. The “Weekly Summary” didn’t take that long, but the detailed page. OMG!
So… I’m keeping the “Weekly Summary” but I’m switching the detailed page to a monthly report instead of week.
Here’s what I’m doing. I’m keeping track of the dances for each week during a given month. Then I use some statistical magic and list only the top ten dances for the whole month. In other words, only the VERY MOST POPULAR dances make the top ten for the month.
Which means [drum roll please] I save time and you, dearest readers also save time. Why? Because instead of learning a potential of 40+ dances per month… you can look at my Monthly survey and learn only the top 10. Woot! Uh-huh! Doing a happy “chair dance”!
So.. Here is my very first one that I’m unveiling —
The Top Ten Line Dances from CopperKnob for the month ending Sept 21, 2013:
Enjoy! See ya on the dance floor!
Posted on Sat, Sep 21, 2013, in Misc and tagged Dance, dancer, dancing, Line dance, Squidoo, Squidoo.com, Top 10, top ten line dances, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment