NEWSFLASH!!!! Partner/Couples Dancers Discover Benefits of Line Dancing!–Scientists Announce Earth’s Axis is Affected!
Calling All Couples Dancers and Pro-Am Students!
I started out as a line dancer.
When I started competing in Pro-Am (where a student competes with their Instructor) and Couples (where two dancers of equal skills compete as a team), the skills I had acquired by line dancing were a significant factor and my secret weapon, through my entire first year as a Newcomer.
Even now, in the Advanced Divisions, and on the social dance floor, being a line dancer gives me an edge when partner dancing! My dance partners may not know “why” they feel a difference, but the difference is there!
Benefits Line Dancing Brings to Couples Dancing
Consider these benefits that line dancing can bring to your Couples and Pro-Am dancing. The basic idea is:
When you line dance, you are doing it all…there is no one else to hang on to and help you out.
Because it is you and only you…you develop and improve your dance skills and then those skills transfer DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATELY to your Pro-Am and Couples Dancing!
- Improved Balance
- Improved Frame / Posture
- Improved Arm Lines
- Improved Turns and Spins (Guys… I’m talkin’ to youse!) 😉
- Improved sense of timing and rhythm
- Better memorization skills for choreography
- Hate drills? Then why not dance it! I hate drills with a purple passion! But I love to dance. Line dances are a repeating pattern, so each time you repeat the pattern, while dancing to music you get another chance to execute and practice technique every 32 or 48 counts!
Improved stamina…. Let’s face it, while rehearsing with our Pro or our couples partner is fun, how many times in the studio, do you really get your heart rate up to 60% or more of max.
Then at a competition, you’re all out of breath? Sound Familiar? But when you dance a line dance (as a technique improvement exercise — I *hate* the word drill!) then you are DANCING, burning calories, improving your stamina and cardiovascular health!
But, remember, this is a secret. Just between us… 😉
November Line Dance Classes
Start Tue Nov 1 at 6pm
- DanceMakers of Texas
— 6201 Sunset Drive, Suite 630 Fort Worth, TX 76116 [Get Directions]
— Studio Phone: 817-244-8500
— Visit the website for details on pricing and for the full calendar of classes
— Drop-ins Welcome – Save money by paying for the whole month.
- Join our mailing list to get inside info, links to stepsheets, demo videos and more!
- And/or join the “Line Dancing with Tony” Facebook page
- Visit the DanceMakers of Texas Website
- Check the DanceMakers Facebook page
See you on the dance floor…