I have a page here on my blog called “Check-List, Check-Off” which is a cross between a “to do list” and a set of mini-goals.
Or as I like to think of it, they are a list of the steps that I need to take to get me closer to my goal of living a healthy lifestyle.
The list was getting so long with the “DONE” things that I decided to put anything that is now a gen-u-wine “habit” and well and truly “DONE” here on this page instead. Let the celebration commence and cue the applause: Bravo! Good Job! Atta Boy! You so Rock! You’re awesome!
Go Team Tony!!!!
Things that will either (1) create positive momentum (2) keep me on track or (3) will produce the most “bang for the buck” in my quest to be healthy.
- Make my “morning coffee” more healthy (create momentum)
☑ DONE — Need to buy white vinegar to do the cleaning
☑ DONE — Switch from whatever coffee was on sale to organic coffee
☑ DONE — Switch from Sweet-n-Low to stevia
☑ DONE — Switch from Half-and-Half to Silk Soy Creamer
☑ DONE — Coffee Maker — Find one that was easier to use.
☑ DONE — Switch from generic bleached filters, to recycled filters
☑ DONE — Switch from the 10 cup size filters to the 4 cup size because I rarely make more than 4 cups in the morning.
- Get a good night’s sleep (bang for the buck)
☑ DONE — Replace pillows (my old ones were worn out)
☑ DONE — Allergies — Go to primary care physician, get referral
☑ DONE — Allergies — Go to Allergy Specialist
☑ DONE — Allergies — Get tested. Learn that I am allergic to dust and dust mites.
☑ DONE — Allergies — Get free sample of Patanase and Allegra D. and try them out
☑ DONE — Allergies — Get Rx for Patanase and Allegra D (learn they are EXPENSIVE)
☑ DONE — Allergies — Rearrange budget to accommodate the new cost for the drugs because, frankly it is worth it.
☑ DONE — Allergies — Explore “major” options to minimize my exposure to dust and dust mite allergens.
————- Can I move to a less dusty place? Nope. Not an option at this time.
————- Can I change careers? Nope. Not an option at this time. Let’s look at other “minor” options:
☑ DONE — Allergies — Install air filter over A/C vent into my bedroom.
☑ DONE — Allergies — Buy Austin Healthmate Jr. air filter machine or my bedroom.
☑ DONE — Buy new mattress and box springs
☑ DONE — Try to find charity to give old bed to… Fail. My old mattress wasn’t worth anything.
☑ DONE — Live with bed in hallway for days until (1) dumpster is completely empty and (2) I can sneak the bed into the dumpster with no one seeing me. Against the complex rules to throw furniture into dumpster.
☑ DONE — Allergies — Buy anti-allergy liner on my bed.
☑ DONE — Buy new pillows
☑ DONE — Read article on how inclined bed helps with a multitude of things including sleep apnea .
☑ DONE — Find risers online, locate set in DFW area.
☑ DONE — Buy and install risers. Bed is now inclined.
- Get back on Jenny Craig. (bang for the buck)
☑ DONE — Have a new “Before” photo taken at Jenny Craig Center. I now weigh more than I did when I first joined Jenny Craig.
☑ DONE — Made a Jenny Craig Appointment
☑ DONE — Went by the Jenny Craig Center, got weighed in for a new “week one
☑ DONE — Bought a full week of Jenny Craig Food for a new “week one”
- Reduce Stress (MOVED FROM GROUP B TO GROUP A on 12/16/2011) This topic is so huge that it would require a whole book in and of itself. But for now here are some highlights:
☑ DONE — Identify the biggest stress inducing factor in my life: my fitness level.
- ☑ DONE — Until told otherwise by my doctor, continue taking my daily dose of high blood pressure medication (create momentum and bang for the buck)
Things that will move me toward my goal but which can be done at any point.
Things which I’d *like* to do and which would be great, but which are not necessarily a critical step on the way to meeting my goal of getting fit and healthy.
- Healthy at every size! (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Getting Healthy is complicated and it takes time… …lots of time! (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Getting Healthy is complicated… …and it takes sleep, if you can get it. (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Getting Healthy is Complicated… …so do it one step at a time. (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Step by Step (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Step by, *prioritized* Step… (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Some additional steps (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- My Love-Hate Relationship With Caffeine (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)