Posted by TxCowboyDancer
What the heck is “ProAm Line Dance?”
Hi everybody! Big D Bash is coming up fast. There are only 32 days before the event. Big D Bash is unique on the UCWDC circuit in that it is a “Line Dance only” event. No couples. No ProAm… we’ll almost no ProAm.
There is a little known category of dance competition called “ProAm Line Dance.” Here is how it works:
- You find an instructor (like me).
- You find some friends (optional, but it makes it a lot more fun)
- You and the instructor (and friends?) pick out a line dance and the instructor teaches it to you and/or coaches you. Any line dance at all! Did you catch that? You get to dance any line dance you want to dance!!!!
- You enter the contest. Here’s the “Pro/Am” part:
The instructor dances on the floor in the competition with you! You’re not out there all alone!
So if you get stuck or your mind goes blank, then you have someone to look at other than the other competitors.
- You have a great time, you win cool prizes, accolades, applause, you’re invited to be on Oprah and the Tonight show! You become famous and retire and spend your weekends in the French Rivera. (that last bit is still being verified, but it’s what I heard! *wink*)
Basically it is a way for people who are “thinking” of doing line dance to get over that scary leap into the unknown: “Eeeeeeeek, you mean I won’t have a Pro to hang onto? Eeeeeeeeeek!”
We’ll you won’t actually be able to hang onto me, but I’ll be there on the floor with you so I’m your “emergency fallback plan.” *grin*
So, if you’d like to try out line dance competition in a fun, easy, inexpensive way, then give me a shout!
Everybody should line dance — Especially ProAm “Couples” Students !
Line dancing is fun! But, if you need more reasons, let me share. *grin*
Here are some reasons why you should add line dancing competition in addition to your ProAm or Couples competition. Read the rest of this entry →