Life is lookin’ good!
Just a quick rundown of some great things that have been happening to me over the past few days… Woot! Uh-huh! YeeHaw!
- I’ve been feeling a LOT better, more energy, moving around easier, more active.
- I am now within spittin’ distance of 300 lbs! Woot! This will be a major milestone, just a few more pounds!! Yay!
- I’ve started planning for next year’s “Dance Competition Season” Woot! Check out my updated Calendar to see which events I think I’ll be attending… — I’ve started looking at dances and music for next year. I’ve already been invited to perform in the Saturday night show at the Texas Hoedown in March! Thank you Virginia for the invite! I start rehearsals on Monday. It will so good to get back into the studio!
- My Blood Glucose levels are mostly within the target range. My big challenge is taking my meds on a regular schedule. My sleep cycle keeps messing up my “take the meds” time. *sigh* but it is getting better! Progress! Not Perfection! Woot!
- I’ve been cleaning out old files on my computer, sorting them, deleting them, renaming and organizing the ones I need/want to keep.
- And over the past few days, I’ve had a sudden surge of folks buying stuff off of my design store: TxCowboyDancer Designs! Woot! Uh-huh! It really does make me feel good when something I created is bought by someone who thinks highly enough of it to lay out some cold hard cash. Even at a measly 10% commission. But hey, I ain’t gonna turn it down! Woot!Here is the current “Top Dozen” most popular designs on my site:
- Also in the “graphic design” front, one of my very favorite designs was purchased this week *and* it appears in the Top 12 for the first time! Woot! It is a photo I took when I visited Banff, just outside of Calgary, Canada. I fell in love. I actually checked job listings at their local library when I got back home to Texas. Alas, there were no openings. *sigh* Here is the photo for your enjoyment (or if you wanna buy something with it on it, well that works too!) LOL
I mean, I’m not a pro photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes you get lucky… *sigh* I wish I could go back….
- And, finally, I’ve noticed over the past few days that I am more flexible, I’m able to reach and twist more that I could a month ago. Life is good.
307.4 lbs!!!! OMG!
Did I mention that my weight today on the scale was 307.4 lbs? I did, oh, then that’s it . I now return you to your normally scheduled…
BUT WAIT! 307.4!!!! Didchagetthat?!?!
That, my dear readers, is LESS THAN 310!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
I do declare I may faint from happiness! The vapors; the VAYpoors…. I haz tha VAYpoor…. Swoooooooon
[yes, the image of a hairy balding 50 something white dude swooning
like an old time silent film star is going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day]
But I haven’t seen 310 in AGES! let alone been UNDER 310 — that, my friends, is swoon worthy!
THIS IS HUGE (pardon the pun)
COLLOSUL… COLLOSEL ? COlluseaoul?
REALLY REALLY BIG!
Darn you spell check! You failed me when I needed you most! How do you spell that word anyway!
For those of you keeping count. That makes my total weight loss just a teeny bit under 25 lbs — close enough to round to 25!!!
Woot! Uh-huh! WHO da man? Huh? WhoseYerDaddy?!! Take THAT foul fatness!
Why the sudden and dramatic downward trend?
Dude, I’m doin’ drugs.
Don’t getcher panties in a twist. They are legal “diabetic” drugs. But because my body is starting to behave the way it should, it is no longer sending FEED ME messages all the time
Which means that I’m not eating as much.
Which means that I’m using the abundant supplies of food I have stored in the subcutaneous and intramuscular spaces in my body and TAH DAH! WEIGHT LOSS!
Whew! I’m worn out! I need a cigarette. Well not really, but you get the gist… wink wink
Did I mention I weighed 307.4 lbs today? Oh, I did, ok then.
See ya on the dance floor!
Yes, I’m aware that it ain’t gonna be easy…
…but for the first time in a VERY long time I am optimistic that I will actually get fit, healthy and dance again! What’s that? Do I hear the teeming masses asking “But why do feel this way Tony?” I thought I did… 😀
Brace yourself, you’re about to enter Tony’s brain…. where you’ll see a chain of thought that will mystify and amaze you!
But first because I’m in SUCH a good mood, I’m going to give you the “short version” — I’m going to tell you the ROOT SOURCE of all this awesome positiveness:
The diabetes medications I’ve been taking for a little over two weeks now are working.
Which means I’m not as hungry all the time.
Which means I’m loosing weight.
Which means I’m feeling better, both physically and psychologically.
I’m moving more. I have more energy. This morning, I saw a number on my scale that I’ve NOT seen in a long time… [drumroll please] … 310 lbs! Yay me!
One of the most frustrating things over the past couple years has been working to get fitter and healthier and NOT seeing any friggin results!
Who knew that there was this underlying obstacle called “diabetes” which had to be dealt with first BEFORE my hard work would produce? Well, now I know. Now the meds are doing their job. Now I’m working at getting fit. And best of all… …Now I am seeing results. Life is good.
About that tour of my brain…. heh he he heh
I updated my Event Calendar / Schedule
You can clicky click on SCHEDULE any time up in the menu at the top of my blog from any page in my blog. Or if you are really not into scrolling you can click this awesome link I put here just because I like you: SCHEDULE / CALENDAR
I have spent most of today updating my calendar, looking at the events listed on the IAGLCWDC website, the UCWDC site, the ACDA site, and the World OutGames site, evaluating them, looking at the dates and considering costs, timing, etc.
Toss in a few side trips to AmTrack, to Southwest Airlines, Eurorail and American Airlines, well you kinda get the picture of what I’ve been doing since I got up: day dreaming about competing in dance again!
Well, not really day dreaming, exactly.
Let’s be generous and call it “long range planning” and “goal setting” and “motivational imagery.”
I love that last one… “motivational imagery.” Sounds cool don’t it?
When setting goals you need two kinds: Read the rest of this entry
7.5 Pounds gone since 6.19.2015!!!!!!!!!
I’m freakin’ out here! Literally I’m typing with this HUGE ear to ear smile on my face. Do you know what is like to drink your morning coffee with your lips stretched out ear to ear?
Messy. Very messy.
But SEVEN FRIGGIN’ POUNDS! It’s a miracle! I’m seeing the face of Elvis in my coffeemate! There are frogs raining from the sky!
Ok, ok, I am a weeeeeeeeeee bit excited by this.
You may have noticed.
I do have trouble opening up and expressing myeslf after all. I need to work on that.
SEVEN POUNDS! and 1% body fat! In LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!
Did I mention I have lost weight? Oh, I did? ooops. My bad.
Just to be specific: I weighed 318.6 lbs on 19-June-2015. This morning, (AM reading), 02-July-2015, just 13 days later I weighed 311.12 lbs
318.6 – 311.12 = 7.48 (rounding) = 7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH. EM. GEE! Like totally! [in my best Valley Girl voice]
This morning’s revelation…
No, I’m not going all Biblical on you. Revelation as in “news.” Back on 6-19-2015 or 25-June-2015 for my European friends, I weighed in.
I had not stepped onto the scale in literally months. Yes, I had been a bad boy. Mea Cupla. I had partaken of the chocolate chip cookies. I had drank of the 100% whole milk. I had eaten of the deep dish pizza.
Maxima Mea Culpa.
And my doctor had given me a Read the rest of this entry
Mea Maxima Culpa
Yes, I know that I’ve been on and off the “live healthy” wagon so often that I should be getting frequent flyer miles (if I mix my metaphors momentarily) << say that aloud it sounds cool!
Yes, I know that I have been very much NOT blogging of late.
So I’m going to share some stuff with you which I’ve been doing this morning. I’m doing this “stuff” this “morning” because my THIRD monthly visit with my most awesome doctor: Karen King is fast approaching and I want to be able to truthfully tell her that I’ve begun the very long process to get healthy again. Woot!
When I went on my first visit to her back at the beginning of May, I told her that I needed help getting healthy and asked her to put me on a medically supervised weight loss plan. Which basically amounts to coming in every month to weigh in and have her give me a mini-check up and monitor things so that I don’t actually end up doing myself injury as I try and get healthy.
I have Type 2 Diabetes
Hi, my name is Tony. I’m a Diabetic.
and the teeming masses say “Hi Tony”
Kinda scary actually. I freaked a little bit when I found out.
My doctor says that Read the rest of this entry