This. That. and the Other Thang, Over Yonder
It hurts. A lot. I can’t use my right arm, wrist or hand until I get the wrist operated on and fixed.
Doc Jones, my surgeon, who is a cutie by the way, says that he’ll stick some screws in my arm and maybe a plate.
I figure that I’m going to get to know the TSA agents at the airport better than I ever wanted.
I know from having had wrist surgery before that I’m looking at 6 weeks minimum in a cast but that once everything is imbolized by the cast that I’ll be able to drive my truck wearing the cast and that I’ll be able to type with both hands except for 1 finger.
The doc says that I should be able to dance. My dance partner and I will have to see what adjustments will be needed.
Better living through chemicals my butt! I’m caught in an awful loop at least until I have my surgery. I have to take the pain relievers because my wrist really hurts when I don’t. Starts out with twinges and if I let the drugs clear my system by a couple hours say like after having over slept through meds taking time, the pain sits around a 4 0r 5 0n a 10 point scale. When it was newly broken at the er it was at 12 on the 10 point scale.
As the drugs have built up in my system the pain only pops above a 5 if i bump the arm or like this morning when i had to rewrqp the ace bandage it was 6 – 7 for a bit as i moved it while not fully secured to the splint.
The pain pills are Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 7.5/325mg. I love that I’m not in pain but I’m not so crazy about some of the side effects. I’m experiencing:
- decreasing effectiveness in pain control 0ver the past few days
- swelling in my feet and ankles — There are some patients who report this symptoms but the reports are anecdotal and I can’t find confirmation from a reliable source but since the pain meds and a decrease of physical activities are the only new environmental changes I am satisfied that the swelling is either a drug interaction or is a side effect of the pain meds
- lightheadedness — truthfully this one is kinda nice cause it only happens right after the drug reaches 100% effectiveness. There’s no pain and a floaty feeling.
- drowsyness / fuzzy-headedness — which stinks cause I feel like I’m wasting time that could be used productively
- headache — I’ve increased my caffiene intake to try and get some things done and Im pretty sure that is the cause of the headaches. ineed to start drinking water and lots of it.
I should have an idea tomorrow after my pre-op tests how much this will cost and whether or not I qualify for financial assistance.
Wish me luck because I don’t have insurance and I certainly can’t afford to pay for it.
I’ll know more tomorrow
Dance, Fitness, Health, Work, Friends, Living, and ya gotta have a Plan and a schedule
I’ll do a longer post on this later in the week but the short version is that there is an ideal vision of what I’d like my life to look like which can be quantified into specific goals which fall into broad areas. To achieve those goals a certain amount of work, time and energy has to be expended each and every day, week, month.
The trick is prioritizing. I’m not going to let this setback with my wrist keep me from working toward my goals. More on that next time.
Now the goal is to head to bed.
See ya on the dance floor!
- I has an owie! Muddlings of a one fingered typist (txcowboydancer.com)
I has an owie! Muddlings of a one fingered typist
Come on drugs!!!!
Be warned. I.m going to only correct the worst of the typos. 😉
- Woke up this am in major pain; must hav bumped arm.
- holhing it cradled onpillow whike typing w/ 1 finger
- grunting every once in while
- left arm also hurts cause i’m doing EVERYTHING with it
- literally sweating whle i type this. glad i’m not female; i’d never have kid!
- NOT LIKE PAIN
- not like at ALL
- room is mess
My pre-op is Monday afternoon. Surgery is Wed morning. I have to be @ hospital at 7:45 am EEEEK. Depending on my roomate/Best Friend who is a saint to get me there. Mike is his name. Sweet guy. He’s single btw…primo husband material
ouch arm twinged…
looking forward to having cast cause will be able to do stuff again and will be off these DRUGS
love / hate drugs
I’m taking Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 7.5mg/325 mg
Can take up to 2 every4-6 hrs will take 2nd here in minute if i have to; probably will need to really hurts this morn.
pillow for supp[ort really helps but fingers swell if left ther too long
hate the drugs causew they either knock me out and i sleep day away orthry slow everything down… thoughts, body both go into slow motion like hitting mental quicksand/ molasses
Step right up folks.. see the dancer on drugs! He bee Funnee!
I do have an education…
But it must not reside in my left hand. LOL My left hand seems to be my remedial side. Bad hand! No bisquit!
No, I don’t deal with pain very well…
yes, I admit it I’m a big baby when I ain’t feelin well.
Drugs have kicked in now but brain is now wrapped in cotton and bubble wrap and fuzzt slippers and oatmeally mush
life is good in other words
Next six months
Gonna be interesting. Time to either ackshually accomplish my goals or give up.
I vote in favor of kickin things in high gear and being the me i wznt to be
This whole broken wrist episode is going to make a great chapter in my book
Some Travel pics from New Mexico
Just for fun here are some of my best shots from my trip. Stories behind the pics later when cast is on wrist
Brain and arm are now stoned and numb
time to fall asleep now
See ya on the…… snzzzzzzzzz