Wrist update, Rip Van Winkle, Line Dancing and Unbearable Cuteness!
Rip Van Winkle am I
Yoda, I am too, evidently. Hmm… Say I. Difficult to stop, it is. Save me, somebody must.
This week I have slept more than I have ever slept before in my entire life. Which really really sucks because I really was planning on doing other non-physical things while my wrist has me out of commission. Nope. Some much for best laid plans.
Wed and Thursday, I literally slept about 35-40 of the 48 hours in those two days. I’d wake up for a bit, then WHAMO! Snnnnzzzzzz. Wake up and WHAM! Snnnnnnzzzzzzz Wake up for a….Snnnzzzzz
Get the picture? I am so TIRED of sleeping!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I just woke up from a three hour nap. I know that on this one that I should be listening to my body. I’m guessing here that energy is being diverted to the healing process but come on! Beginning tomorrow I’m going to force myself to try and get back to a more normal sleep pattern. Wish me luck!
The short version is that it is getting better but not as quickly as I would like. It has been 4 and a half days since I saw the doc and he says I’m on schedule. GROSS PHOTO warning… click on the image for a close up only if you like scars and dried flaking surgical glue… You’ve been warned. 😉
He gave me a couple of therapy things to do which I’ve been doing faithfully: Read the rest of this entry
Update on my arm…
I am so over this!!!!!
It has been six days since my surgery. I go back to my doctor’s office today for my first follow up. So I should have some indication as to when I will be functional again.
Check out my x-ray. There is a huge hunk of metal in my arm. No wonder it hurts!
I’ve been pretty much confined to my room since the accident. I can’t drive because I’m on some very strong narcotic pain medication and because my truck has a stick shift. It is pretty much impossible to drive a standard with a broken right wrist.
So I’m pretty much dependent on my roommate for transportation.
Life on Drugs
To give you of an idea of what life on drugs and in pain is like for your ever so humble cowboy dancer and blogger, here is what I posted on my Facebook wall this morning which will give you an idea of the state om my brain when sleep deprived, in pain, and up way too early while still working on my first cup of coffee. It is quite amusing if I do say so myself. LOL Read the rest of this entry
Mea Culpa. Let’s try this Kickit Post Again…
New Post on Squidoo.com
A special apology to all my readers for spamming your in-boxes. I’m on some serious pain relievers as I recover from my surgery (post on that coming in just a bit).
I deleted the post that I sent out earlier this morning and recreated it from scratch because it was full of errors. That’s what I get for not proof reading.
So, my apologies and here is the corrected post.
I’ve updated one of my articles:
Top 10 “Best Known” Line Dances
Kickit Line Dance Archive
Updated monthly, this is the July 2012 post.
How many of these dances do you know?
See ya on the dance floor!
- If you will indulge me… I’m going to brag just a bit (txcowboydancer.com)
- Cats, Capitalists, and Transformations… (txcowboydancer.com)
- Easy Line Dances for Company Picnics, Weddings, Family Reunions, and Parties of all Kinds (txcowboydancer.com)
- OMG!!!! I’m #83 in Entertainment & Media!!!!! (txcowboydancer.com)
- Mea Culpa (thelexicans.wordpress.com)
I has an owie! Muddlings of a one fingered typist
Come on drugs!!!!
Be warned. I.m going to only correct the worst of the typos. 😉
- Woke up this am in major pain; must hav bumped arm.
- holhing it cradled onpillow whike typing w/ 1 finger
- grunting every once in while
- left arm also hurts cause i’m doing EVERYTHING with it
- literally sweating whle i type this. glad i’m not female; i’d never have kid!
- NOT LIKE PAIN
- not like at ALL
- room is mess
My pre-op is Monday afternoon. Surgery is Wed morning. I have to be @ hospital at 7:45 am EEEEK. Depending on my roomate/Best Friend who is a saint to get me there. Mike is his name. Sweet guy. He’s single btw…primo husband material
ouch arm twinged…
looking forward to having cast cause will be able to do stuff again and will be off these DRUGS
love / hate drugs
I’m taking Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 7.5mg/325 mg
Can take up to 2 every4-6 hrs will take 2nd here in minute if i have to; probably will need to really hurts this morn.
pillow for supp[ort really helps but fingers swell if left ther too long
hate the drugs causew they either knock me out and i sleep day away orthry slow everything down… thoughts, body both go into slow motion like hitting mental quicksand/ molasses
Step right up folks.. see the dancer on drugs! He bee Funnee!
I do have an education…
But it must not reside in my left hand. LOL My left hand seems to be my remedial side. Bad hand! No bisquit!
No, I don’t deal with pain very well…
yes, I admit it I’m a big baby when I ain’t feelin well.
Drugs have kicked in now but brain is now wrapped in cotton and bubble wrap and fuzzt slippers and oatmeally mush
life is good in other words
Next six months
Gonna be interesting. Time to either ackshually accomplish my goals or give up.
I vote in favor of kickin things in high gear and being the me i wznt to be
This whole broken wrist episode is going to make a great chapter in my book
Some Travel pics from New Mexico
Just for fun here are some of my best shots from my trip. Stories behind the pics later when cast is on wrist
Brain and arm are now stoned and numb
time to fall asleep now
See ya on the…… snzzzzzzzzz
Random Thoughts from my Drugged Brain… or “What I Did on My Summer Vacation”
I Broke My Wrist
My best friend treated me to a weekend trip to New Mexico to cross some things off my bucket list as an early birthday gift and I brought home a lovely souvenir from Ruidoso New Mexico.
There’s no story to tell. I slipped and fell. It had been raining and the pavement was wet, and there was some funky stairs that should have had better markings to sow the edges of the steps. When I got to the ER, the doc knew exactly where I’d taken the fall because he had fallen at the same place.
Other than that it was a great trip. Which I can’t tell you about because I’m typing with one finger/handf.. Getting better at it. I’m learning to love left handed words. Those words that only use letters feom the left side of the keyboard.
ASlas there ARE not enough of thm.
I’m not going to correct the typing for the lazst bit so you dear readers can get a taste of how FUN my typing ids right now! *SIGH*
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Guadalupe Mounyains National Prk
- Lots of desert
- Ate at some very good restraunts
- met some cool people
- met some hunky park rangers oh my!
- Roswell –geeked out serious schlock fest @ the UFO stuff
- Roswell — saw a Rembrandt and a O’Keefe that I’d never seen before
- White Sands — geeked out on nature and sweet talked a ranger into giving me a Junior Park ranger patch!
- generally had a blast
- Ate more good food
- Went to two bars in El Paso, used my brand new conversation starter to make new friends
- I’m on some serious drugs…pain relievers Oxycodone/Acetamnophin which keep me from screaming in pain but kinda mess witnh my whole cognative functiopns.
- I’m unemployed and uninsurred. I have no idea how I’m going to pay for this. There is a Financial assistance dept at Baylor that I’m supposed to call tomorrow. And tell me again why universal coverage is a BAD idea?
- Surgery is scheduled for Wed.
- I shold get 100% 0f the function back which ids good cazuse I kinda need both hands to dance and type.
- Gonna see how mucxh a voice typing program wcosts cause typing with onew hand sucks.
- Do you kow how hard it is to shower with only 1 hand?
- Did i mentioni got good drugs? 🙂
- Got lots of pics I’ll load to Flickr
- There is whole lot of nuthin. i MEAN A lot OF NOTHING AND MILES AND MILES OF IT IN New Mexico
- Dance is on hold while I’m stoned and can’t drive. AShem. Taking legal perscriptshuns for pain.
- Should be back in the studio a couple days after surgery.
okay that’s enough for now, Hope you,ve had a few laughs. Hey if my broken wrist can bring joy to my dearest reader’s then all is not for naught.
ok, I coNfess. I didn’t slip and fall at a restaurant.
I was abducted by aliens. EWhen they probed me, they got a little carried away and didn/t put everything back together just right.
See ya on the
dance floor uhmmm… doctor’s office.
unless the aliens come back to get me.
- Antibiotic-resistant bacteria found in 4-million-year-old cave (cbsnews.com)
- Wildfires in Colorado, New Mexico Force… – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Hundreds flee Colorado and New Mexico mountain wildfires (thisislondon.co.uk)
- Hundreds evacuated as US wildfires grow (newsinfo.inquirer.net)