Day One on Jenny Craig
So much for planning to get up early! What can I say? I am not a morning person.
- Cranberry Almond Cereal — when I poured the serving of cereal into the bowl, I literally said “oh my” in reaction to the small amount of cereal sitting there in the bottom of the bowl. I’m used to having a “bowl” of cereal about six times larger. No wonder I’ve not been loosing weight.
- 1 cup non-fat milk. Ok, I’m cheating. I admit it. But I need a transition period. I love milk. And I’ve been drinking 2%. The menu calls for Nonfat Milk. Well, for this week I’m going to use 1% milk. Which tasted just fine this morning. Next week I’ll get a gallon of Non-fat and 1% and mix the two. Week 3 I’ll be on non-fat milk. So there!
- 1 Fruit (orange juice) — I guessed on the quantity, drinking only 5 ozs. I need to find out how much OJ makes “1 fruit”
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese. I actually like cottage Cheese. Yay! I discovered this morning that I had a set of pretty plastic “desert” serving cups way back in the pantry on the top shelf. They hold 1/2 cup! And it is pretty.
I gathered all the stuff for lunch, the mid-morning “snack” the afternoon “snack” and what I’m calling the “4th meal” which is a sandwich with 1 oz meat (or cheese), but not both, and 1 tsp of mayo. I’m on a 2000 calorie per day plan which means I get an “extra” meal consisting of a sandwich and 1/2 cup of milk.
I work today from Noon – 9pm and I have a dance practice from 10-11:30 so I have to take a bunch of food with me today. Well after I got everything gathered for the am snack, for “lunch”, for the afternoon snack, and for the extra meal all neatly tucked into their individual containers, it filled up my insulated lunch bag!
I plan on eating the “extra meal” which is the sandwich around noon when I get to work, after my practice this morning., “Lunch” will be around 2:30 or 3.
- JC Turkey Burger
- Garden Salad (greens, mushrooms, radishes, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes.)
- Ranch Dressing (pre-measured packet from Jenny Craig)
- 1 oz low fat cheese
Then there is a long stretch before I get off work at 9…. so I’ll have the am and pm snacks during that time:
- Any time bar & 1 fruit (1 small apple)
- 2 fruits (1 banana)
Then when I get home tonight dinner:
- Spaghetti with Meatballs
- 2 cups of veggies
- 2 tsps Margarine (on the veggies I assume… LOL)
- JC Cookie
- 1 1/2 cup milk
I was VERY HAPPY to see that in the “introduction” booklet it says that it doesn’t really matter what time you eat. That whole “don’t eat after 8pm” thing that everyone takes as gospel truth is a bunch of bull hockey. I’m going to research that just for my own peace of mind, but given my schedule of work, dance lessons, and dance practices, I often do not get home until after 9pm, usually not until 9:30 pm so that means dinner is LATE. Then bed time is not far behind.
So here’s to day one on Jenny Craig.
Just for the record… I don’t really expect anyone to read this but me. After all, the boring details of what I’m eating and how I’m doing just are not that entertaining. But since I do better with an “audience” even if it is imagined, throwing my experiences out there for the whole world to see is a motivator for me. And since this whole diet thing is all about me…. well there ya go! 🙂
- Day one on Jenny Craig… …again! (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
- Check out my new “Jenny Craig Tips and Tricks” Page (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)