Tony’s Take on: The Perfect Survey Site
What should you look for in an
Online Survey or a MicroTasking Site?
When I first started doing “online surveys” to make a little bit of money, I didn’t know much of anything — about anything, so I had pretty low expectations. Actually, I had no expectations — I didn’t know enough to have expectations.
After doing this for over two years, thus having learned “in the school of hard knocks” as it were, there are certain things which I look for in a “good” survey site. And things which you should look for too.
Ahhhhh, Grasshoppah, you seek and you shall receive the wisdom of Master Yoda, ahem “Mastah Tony.” Yessssss, Grasshoppah, Master Tony will reveal all…
— and you folks in the back can stop sniggering like, uhmmm now! 😉 And yes, I know I was mixing up my movies. I can do that… it is called creative license.. grin
Show me the CASH!
Let’s face it. I’m doing online surveys for the money. Not for fun. Not to “improve products.” Not to further academic research. Not to better mankind.
I live on a very small monthly pension plus whatever I can scrape together through half-a-dozen different means, including taking online surveys.
Don’t misunderstand me. I am not cheating. I am not trying to scam the system. I am not just randomly clicking answers.
I actually do read the questions. I try to do a “good job” by answering honestly. But when all is said and done, I would not be answering all those surveys IF I wasn’t PAID for my time!
So, like any other “job” that is “just a job” — I’m in it for the money.
I am not asking for much — Read the rest of this entry
Tony’s Take on: Mintvine.com – an update
MintVine is still my #1 pick
Mintvine is head and shoulders above the rest. And they are growing. It is my hope that they will make it through their growing pains with the things that make them awesome completely intact.
And, because they are growing, that means they are changing some things around. So I thought that an update to my original review which you can read here: “Tony’s Take on: MintVine”
You can keep reading if you want but things will make a lot more sense if you read “Tony’s Take on: MintVine” first then come back here and read the “update”
Tony’s Cowboy Star Rating for MintVine:
Only two things keep them from getting a 5 star rating from lil ole me: Read the rest of this entry
Tony’s Take on: MintVine
MintVine – How ALL Survey Sites should work!
First the “Cowboy Star” Rating:
I know that I’m wordy… …so if all you need is the stars
then here’s the link to sign up with MintVine
However, if you want more info then keep reading. 🙂
Fair warning: this review is long because
(1) it is my first review of a survey site and I wanted to talk about “what makes a good survey site” and
(2) I’ve never said anything in all my life using five words when five hundred would do. So brace yerself Effie, it’s gonna be a bumpy (but fun and weird) ride! LOL
MintVine is almost The “Gold Standard”
in “What I want in a Survey Site”
Let’s face it. I’m doing online surveys for the money. Not for fun. Not to “improve products” not to better mankind… I live on a small pension plus whatever I can scrape together through half-a-dozen different means, including taking online surveys.
Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not just randomly clicking answers, I actually do read the questions and try to do a “good job” by answering honestly, but when all is said and done, I wouldn’t do it if I wasn’t PAID for my time.
So, like any other “job” that is “just a job” — I’m in it for the money so just give me the CASH
When I first started doing “surveys” online to make a little bit of money, I didn’t know much of anything about anything so I had pretty low expectations.
But now, after doing it for a while, and having learned “in the school of hard knocks” as it were, there are certain things that I look for in a “good” survey site. And things which you should look for too. So, pull up a chair grasshopper and learn from Master Yoda, ahem Tony. “Master Tony” — and you folks in the back can stop laughing like, uhm now!
For the record: MintVine does almost ALL of the things on my “Ideal Survey Site Checklist”! And they do them well.
I know that I’m wordy… …so if you’ve got enough info already
then here’s the link to sign up with MintVine
Low Payout Threshold
This is why MintVine gets 4.5 stars instead of 5 stars. The MintVine payout threshold is $10.
Which is pretty darn good when Read the rest of this entry
Tony’s Take on: Qmee
Qmee — Making “Easy Money” for doing what you’re already doing!
First, let’s get the rating thing done:
Yes, friends and neighbors… FIVE COWBOY STARS! — A perfect score! Woot! Why? I hear the teeming masses (and the odd cousin or two..) asking? We’ll I’m glad you asked. Here’s why:
- No minimum cash out threshold. You can transfer funds to your PayPal account any time you have a cash balance. I’ve even transferred as low as 5 cents! ..
- You have the option to take cash and pay yourself, OR you can donate your “cash” to charity. Ain’t that sweet! It is a cool thing actually, but folks I need those pennies, every single one of them! Gimme da CASH! 🙂 ….
- INSTANT PAYOUT! We all know I’m prone to drama and well, uhmmm dramatic exageration. But not this time! When you click the “submit” button. The cash is THERE! BAM! WHAM! ZIP ZAP! You have your money! The transfer from Qmee to PayPal is immediate — we’re talking the speed of light here baby! As fast as their computers can yack to each other! ..
- To make the money with Qmee, well you don’t have to do anything that you’re not doing now. Just use Google and/or Amazon to search for stuff like you are already doing. (see the how it works section down below) ..
- They have a referral program. So if you tell your friends about Qmee, you get paid a bonus of $1 per friend, the first time your friend cashes out at Qmee.
How Qmee Works:
The four Read the rest of this entry
Tony’s Take on: Singer 96-Inch Extra Long Tape Measure
Keeping it Simple – Sometimes Simple IS Best
Pretty much every exercise and fitness guru on the planet says that keeping track of your progress is a good idea. You can track many things like weight or body fat, but one of the easiest, the simplest, and the best, is to just measure the inches on your body:
You add up these three numbers and that gives you your “Total Inches.” As you get healthier and fitter those “inches” will probably shrink. So when you see ads saying “I lost a bee-jillion inches using XYZ Miracle Diet Product,” the grand total of those three measuring points in the “inches” they are talking about.
Using a tape measure and piece of paper is a good way to keep track of your progress AND it is a very LOW COST way to do so.
I wanted to measure my body. So I grab the Read the rest of this entry