I partook in the “activity that shall not be named…”
I’m really really tired at the moment so here is a very brief series of random thoughts about today’s walk.
- Runkeeper does not work that well at tracking location when you don’t have “true GPS.” It attempts to use the closest WiFi network and establish your location but …
- According to RunKeeper I walked over 2 miles. Yeh, RIGHT! try more like 1/2 miles. (see below)
- I saw a dead snake.
- I saw an empty water bottle that someone threw on the grass instead of the trashcan. I was too tired to bend over and pick it up so it is still there.
- So is the dead snake.
- I am TIRED.
- I may have to have two rest days before my next walk. Starting out at the BEGINNING I was waddling, limping, and moving slow. The climb up the stairs to my apartment was NOT FUN AT ALL.
- My feet are throbbing right now. Literally throbbing.
- My lower back is not too happy with me either.
- My knees though don’t seem to be having any issues.
- My legs are sore – very sore
- There are some VERY cute guys in my neighborhood… and no, I’m never too tired to notice a cute guy… if I don’t check out the guy, then check my pulse and breathing to make sure I’m still on this side of the pearly gates.
- I met one of my neighbors. She’s an OU fan. Actually she married into an OU family. His truck is red / Maroon. Go figure. (I was wearing my OU cap which is why the subject came up)
- The lock on the pedestrian entrance in the security fence needs to be lubricated. It is very stiff. SNORT. I said “lubricated” and “stiff” in the same sentence. LOL
- I need to get a duplicate key made (for the pedestrian gate door thingie) The same key that opens that gate also unlocks the laundry room. I don’t want to loose the laundry room key and have to ask mgmt for another.
- Plus, since I have my house key on one key ring and the laundry key on another well I’m carrying two keyrings. If I get the duplicate gate key made then I can add it to the duplicate/spare house key that has become my “carry it with me when I’m walking key”
- I’m using my Club Bolo Key ring which is WAY COOL! “Howdy de Texas mon Club Bolo amis de Montréal”
- I really do live on the side of a friggin hill. And the park is downhill from the apartment. Ugh.
- My back is twinging. I think I need to take some tylenol or advil or something.. which one is better for muscles? Yes, friends, walking just 1/2 mile did this. I’m out of shape remember?
Applause! I demand accolades and Atta boys and flower petals threwn in my direction. (Is “threwn” a word?) My spell check doesn’t think so.. But I’m overruling it
Definitely need that Tylenol…
See ya on the dance floor . . .
. . . EVENTUALLY when my body can handle it, but IT will happen.
. . . I’m going to have fun!
I do not like to exercise.
Actually that probably puts me in the middle of the majority of the world’s population.
there are things that I like to do, that I actually ENJOY, that COULD be called exercising.
Huh? I hear the teeming masses cry out in confusion?
Ah, dear readers, intrepid blog followers and the two second cuzins on my mom’s side who were forced to subscribe to my blog, well, let me elaborate.
You knowI like elaborating… giggle
Exercise – Defined – by the “book” as it were…
1. : regular or repeated use of a faculty or bodily organ
Special note… For all the guys reading this… YES, my mind immediately thought of THAT too! But somehow, I don’t think the repeated and frequent use of THAT particular organ counts… something about not lasting long enough… But hey if it works for ya… who am I to stand in the way…
So… seeking something more than a mere definition, I “googled” and found … these three articles out on the Interwebz:
- Every minute of physical activity really does count, new study shows (today.com/health)
- Do We Get Enough Exercise From Our Daily Activity? (24hourfitness.com)
- What Is Physical Activity? (nih.gov)
Which seems to indicate that ANY movement is better than NO movement! Indeed, way back in the day we actually didn’t need a special category of movement called “Exercise” because ALL movement was exercise.
You could, if you have oodles of time, read those BORING, articles but why bother when I can ‘splain thangs way better:
Tony’s Definition of Exercise
It is “EXERCISE” . . .