Yee Haw!!!! — Over 10,000 Hits! and Some Fun, Strange Searches Which Led People to My Blog
My Blog has gone over 10,000 hits!
It happened yesterday afternoon sometime.
I know, that some sites get that many hits in a day, but for me this is a pretty big deal.
Here’s the graphic showing the over 10,000 hits:
I’m generally getting between a 100 – 200 hits a day with a daily average for the current week of 166 hits per day.
Fun and Strange Searches
Which People Have Entered:
One thing that WordPress does is track the search engine terms that people use to find my blog.
Some of them make sense. Here are the top ten searches that led people to my blog:
|jenny craig tips||73|
|jenny craig menu week 1||60|
|jenny craig week 1 menu||53|
|jenny craig menu||36|
|top 10 line dances||23|
It does surprise me that I must say “yeehaw” a lot here on the blog if search engines are picking it up, but, why are people searching for “yeehaw”? On second thought, I don’t want to know…. 😉
The two that may raise your eyebrows are “handsome doctor” and “shadow man” which are two photos I have on my blog. One of them I actually have used in posts and the other one only appears on my photo credits page where I put it because I thought I might use it as an illustration when I was doing a post about dealing with depression.
For your entertainment, here are the two images:
Well, I think he’s handsome! Woof! 🙂 Click on the image if you want to see him bigger. The weird thing is that when I do a Google Search, the image I have on my website doesn’t even show up on the first page of search hits.
There must be a lot of very bored people out there. Or there must be a lot of people with a doctor fetish. Urk!
Some questions are not meant to be answered… Moving on.
This one actually makes a little sense to me. There is a video game and comic book character called “Shadowman.”
But once again if you do a Google search this image doesn’t appear in the top hits.
More bored people on the Internet? More kinky fetishes I don’t want to know about?
Again, some questions are better left unanswered! LOL
Now for the “Strange and Puzzling” Searches…
I’m sure that other bloggers here have also peeked at the search terms and shook your head in puzzlement as to why a particular term connected to your blog. Here are some which made me go “Huh?!”
- gee dexa <<< Anyone know what this is?
- texascowboysancer << because THREE people typed it in this way!
- awesome means in fantasy <<< again THREE different people out there searched for this. Huh?
- ظل رجل <<< Anyone know what language this is? And what it says? I hope I just didn’t post a dirty word!
- the importance of making your bed << I actually had a post about this. But who knew that people would use Google to look for this topic? Hmmmm…. 🙂
- at&t evil empire << I agree actually and I did a post with that as a topic, but again, who’d have thunk that folks would be Googling for it?
- att evil <<< ditto what I just said
- i likeenglish but i don’t like mathematics <<< Uhmmm…? The best part is that TWO different people typed in this identical search!
- mac and cheese cat <<< I don’t want to know. Somebody please tell me they weren’t looking for a recipe!
- omg i gotta pee <<< There are just so many things that COULD be said, that I think it best to say nothing.
- map of titanic insides <<< Do they mean the ship? I hope so!
- taking cat <<< Where?
So there you have it, just a bit of fun with statistics.
See ya on the dance floor!
Posted on Tue, Jun 12, 2012, in Misc and tagged blog statistics, Google, Google Search, handsome doctor, Search Engines, search statistics, Shadow Man, strange searches on the internet, word press, WordPress, Yee Haw. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.