Just the facts…Uhmmm…the dance!
Folks who have read my blog over the years (you know who you are) know that my general theme has been one of rampant goofiness. Well not today… I just don’t have the time or strength or energy.
In fact… the past several months have been like that. I’ve been focused so much on DOING that I haven’t had a lot of time to WRITE about doing.
I will, try… attempt… endeavor… undertake… give it my best shot to rectify that over the coming couple weeks.
Hopefully I’ll be able to bring you up to speed on what’s been happening on the fitness front, the finances front and give you an update as to where I stand on my Journey to Fitness and Health.
But, as you may have noticed, I’ve been doing REALLY good to get 1 post out a week about the most pressing topic: my ongoing Line Dance class.
So, this post is simply what dancing I’ll be doing this week; I hope you can join me.
Tuesday Line Dance Class!
My “Beginner” line dance class on Tuesday is continuing. I hope you can join me and bring a friend. Really! I need more people in the class! This is summer and as is usual during the summer months, the number of students in the class have dropped off. I really would like more folks in the class!
But on the bright side, right now, because of its small size, that means you get lots of individual attention! Woot!
And there is a special price offer this month. Check out the DanceMakers Website for full details.
Details: When / Where
- Every Tuesday at 6pm — Next class is Tue, Aug 9th
- DanceMakers of Texas
— 6201 Sunset Drive, Suite 630 Fort Worth, TX 76116 [Get Directions]
- Pay at the door or call ahead to Register: 817-244-8500
- Dances range from Ultra-beginner to Improver; all drawn from the hottest line dances on the planet.
I’m Teaching at LoneStar Invitational
Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark – Austin, TX – August 12-14, 2016
Workshops I am teaching:
Sat, Aug 13, 10:45 am – Line Dance Teach
Dance: “Fragile” an Advanced level Phrased Line Dance, choreographed by Guyton Mundy, Fred Whitehouse & J.P. Madge.
Music: Fragile / by Kygo & Labrinth (preview for free or purchase from Amazon for $1.29)
Sat, Aug 13, 2pm
– “Introduction to Line Competition”
It is no secret that I love line dance. I also love to compete.
It is also no secret that I want MORE people to compete in line dance. So for about a year now I’ve been offering at the VERY low cost of just $20 a special “Intro to Line Competition” session which can be taken in person or via Skype if you don’t live in my area.
This workshop on Aug 13th at 2pm will be a Special Presentation in a “group” format at no cost!
Well no additional cost. The workshop is included with your weekend and/or day pass.
This workshop is for ALL DANCERS: Couples, ProAm and Social Line Dancers
Join UCWDC World Champion and ACDA Nationals Champion “Tony New” to learn everything you need to know about how to use Line Dance as a “drill” to build better basic skills. You’ll learn about step sheets and how to read them and the difference between social & competition line dance. Tony will give an overview of the rules and how to qualify for Nationals and Worlds as well as tips for all competitors.
Sat, Aug 13, 5 pm – Line Dance Teach
Dance: “Blue Lights Chasing” – an Intermediate / Advanced level line dance choreographed by Joey Warren
Music: We Went / by Randy Houser (preview for free or purchase from Amazon for $1.29)
Available for Private Lessons all weekend at LoneStar
Book ahead please! Use this form to contact me about a private lesson.
The more in advance you contact me the better I will be able to coach you during the event.
See ya on the dance floor!
Welcome to my “Scrapbook Scribbles” for the Texas Hoedown (March 23-25). You’ll find jottings and photos which, in no particular order, describe all the fun from last weekend at the Texas Hoedown, first stop on the ACDA circuit.
- I love the Texas Hoedown because it is so very laid back and friendly. Virginia and Jerry, the event owners are awesome folks and they work overtime to make everyone feel welcome. And I love being with other folks who love dancing as much as I do; the Hoedown is a “must attend event” for people in the Southwest. It is the first big event of the year and is something of a family reunion where you get to see friends you haven’t seen since the end of last year’s dance season. The Hoedown is an awesome experience and lots of fun.
- I was on the Line Dance Staff and have a cool name badge that says “Instructor” as a souvenir. Hey, it’s cool to me! 🙂
- OMG! I almost forgot to mention…! PANT <taking deep breaths> ! Read the rest of this entry