And…Moí will be there! With boots on!
The ACDA is second largest of the two major Country Western Dance organizations here in the United States. It is centered in the South / Southwest / Midwest part of the country and consists of several events spaced throughout the year.
It features a dance competition, lots of workshops, vendors selling costumes, and boots and dance shoes, and jewelry and there is LOTS of social dancing!
And it is FUN! Really really FUN!! Woot!
There is also a Saturday night show featuring some awesome dance numbers.
I will be teaching TWO Workshops!
Join me for my “Twisty Two Step” Workshop
Place: at the event hotel
Covers: a fun Two-step pattern.
Other info: You do not need a partner, although you should at least know the basic two-step.
For workshop #2, I will be teaching a line dance called “6-8-12”
Here is the walk-through video of the dance:
- The workshop is at 10 am on Saturday, Oct 8th (at the event hotel)
- This line dance is suitable for all levels.
- It is a Night Club Two-Step style dance. Which means that a couples dancer or Pro-Am dancer who wants to practice their Night Club Two-step skills could use this pattern as a “practice” to improve their Night Club Two Step couples dancing!!!!
- This dance is the current UCWDC Newcomer Smooth line dance. So if you’ve been thinking of competing in line dance, here is your chance to learn one of the competition dances! This dance will be in use through early March of 2017, so you can use it at any of the remaining UCWDC events and at the events early in the year in 2017!
- This pattern can be danced to ANY Night Club Two Step song.
Dance: 6, 8, 12 / choreographed by Daan Geelen
Style: Newcomer / Improver level, 2 wall, 32 count, Night Club Two Step
Music: 6, 8, 12 / by Brian McKnight (preview for free or purchase and download for $1.29)
Walk-through video: https://youtu.be/wjxjqFjU-zc
I am available for Private Lessons during the event.
If you want to book a lesson with me call or text 214.415.3819
I am offering a Waltz Across Texas” special price on my
“Introduction to Line Dance Competition” workshop
See ya on the dance floor!
Texas Hoedown is this Weekend!
If you are anywhere within easy travel distance of the Dallas / Fort Worth area, I encourage you to come on out and join the fun.
And this event is FUN! It is the one universal comment that folks who have been to the Hoedown always mention:
- Social Dancing – both partners and line dancing
- Competition in Country Western
- Jack & Jill in Two step and West Coast Swing
- Sat night show and “Crown / Masters” competition as part of the show
What’s not to like?
I’ll be there all weekend…
- Teaching two line dance workshops:
- 5pm on Fri, Mar 11 in the Line Dance Lobby
6, 8, 12 / choreographed by Daan Geelen (Beginner / Improver) Night Club Two-step style line dance
Listen to the music for the dance: 6, 8, 12 by Brian McKnight
- 2pm on Sat, Mar 12 in the Line Dance Lobby
Sexy Night / choreographed by Raymond Sarlemijn and Niels Poulsen (Easy Intermediate) line dance
Listen to the music for the dance: Voir la nuit s’emballer by Matt Pokora
- 5pm on Fri, Mar 11 in the Line Dance Lobby
- I’ll be performing in the Saturday night show! Woot!
(Show is at 9pm but don’t miss the Superstars competition at 8pm — Ballroom opens at 7pm for social dancing.
- I *might* be competing 1 dance on Sunday morning…still working on the dance. Hey don’t judge! My life has been crazy the last few weeks…I had to prioritize. So there! 😀 IF I get the dance ready I’ll compete. If not…I’ll scratch.
- Available all weekend for private lessons ($40 per hour).
My contact info down below in the “Special Offer” section or use my contact form to book a private lesson.
SPECIAL OFFER for my
“Introduction to Competition Line Dancing”
See ya on the dance floor!
Life is lookin’ good!
Just a quick rundown of some great things that have been happening to me over the past few days… Woot! Uh-huh! YeeHaw!
- I’ve been feeling a LOT better, more energy, moving around easier, more active.
- I am now within spittin’ distance of 300 lbs! Woot! This will be a major milestone, just a few more pounds!! Yay!
- I’ve started planning for next year’s “Dance Competition Season” Woot! Check out my updated Calendar to see which events I think I’ll be attending… — I’ve started looking at dances and music for next year. I’ve already been invited to perform in the Saturday night show at the Texas Hoedown in March! Thank you Virginia for the invite! I start rehearsals on Monday. It will so good to get back into the studio!
- My Blood Glucose levels are mostly within the target range. My big challenge is taking my meds on a regular schedule. My sleep cycle keeps messing up my “take the meds” time. *sigh* but it is getting better! Progress! Not Perfection! Woot!
- I’ve been cleaning out old files on my computer, sorting them, deleting them, renaming and organizing the ones I need/want to keep.
- And over the past few days, I’ve had a sudden surge of folks buying stuff off of my design store: TxCowboyDancer Designs! Woot! Uh-huh! It really does make me feel good when something I created is bought by someone who thinks highly enough of it to lay out some cold hard cash. Even at a measly 10% commission. But hey, I ain’t gonna turn it down! Woot!Here is the current “Top Dozen” most popular designs on my site:
- Also in the “graphic design” front, one of my very favorite designs was purchased this week *and* it appears in the Top 12 for the first time! Woot! It is a photo I took when I visited Banff, just outside of Calgary, Canada. I fell in love. I actually checked job listings at their local library when I got back home to Texas. Alas, there were no openings. *sigh* Here is the photo for your enjoyment (or if you wanna buy something with it on it, well that works too!) LOL
I mean, I’m not a pro photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes you get lucky… *sigh* I wish I could go back….
- And, finally, I’ve noticed over the past few days that I am more flexible, I’m able to reach and twist more that I could a month ago. Life is good.
It is 8am on Saturday… And I haven’t had coffee yet…
Goodness knows what my fingers will end up typing. Jus’ sayin…
I woke up hungry this morning. I haven’t woken up hungry in a long time. So something must be changing in my body. I’ll count that one up as a “good” thing.
Just because I’m still pre-coffee (still brewing… …I can smell it all the way from the kitchen) and in a grumpy mood, I’m going to whine about my sinuses. I thought I was coming down with a cold. I may be but it may also be allergies. I’ve got this awful drainage which is causing me to cough this icky gunk. All clear so far so no infection but it is DISGUSTING!
I’ll be right back. The coffee should be done by now.
Back. jus a moment while I take a sip….
There is nothing quite so delicious as that first sip of coffee. It is a signal to the body that the rush is coming. Moving on..
Stuff I did gooder on Thur & Friday…
Yes, “gooder” is a word. But in case you’re not up on your lingo. “Gooder” means:
Another short post…
Stuff I did good yesterday.“Good” = “better than what I was doing.” “Good” does not equal “perfection” just “better”
- One complete day without Diet Coke. Yay!
- Breakfast was two eggs, two slices of toast and orange juice and coffee (we won’t discuss that breakfast was around 11am since I slept til 10:30ish)
- Lunch (which was actually around 5:30pm was grilled chicken sandwich (mustard and extra veggies) and ice tea at Sonic. (I didn’t know Sonic sold Ice Tea… LOL — Note to self and to the six people actually reading this “no fast food” means that if I do have to do something on the run, I do something from the few “good” choices and there are some, a few, at just about every fast food joint.)
- Dinner (around 11pm-ish) was a sandwich and potato salad and ice tea. (I was EXHAUSTED when I got home so we went the easy route)
Let the applause commence!
On the “over did it” front:
I used my body WAY too much. I had dance practice with my partner but before we started dancing we did some cycling and some lifting and stretching for about half an hour.
Then we danced for an hour.
Then I had 3 hours of West Cost Class and social dancing in between. When I got home, around 10:30ish, after going by Kroger, I was so sore.
I couldn’t get to sleep until almost 2am. Then I kept waking up all night because my legs hurt; I finally got up around 6 am, so I’ll probably need a nap sometime today. I definitely overused my legs; they are literally aching right now, even as I type this, especially the big muscles in the back of the legs and the ankles and the arches of my feet.
NOTE to self. On a big “dance day” I shouldn’t also do “aerobics” and lifting. I should do those on non-dance-practice days.
Stuff for today:
I am going to TRY to get to the 24 hour fitness near me for an hour today to work on learning the new Smooth Advanced dance for ACDA/UCWDC.
Today, however, is also “laundry day” which for me, at my current fitness level counts as “exercise”. *sigh* I really need to take photos or better yet, a short video of the trek up and down the stairs to the laundry room. You fine folks reading this really do need visuals to truly appreciate the ordeal involved in the simple statement “Today is Laundry Day.” Ugh.
All in all, day one went well. Day two is underway and I basically have no choice any longer. I have to get healthy or else. We don’t want to think about the “or else.”
There you have it. Stay tuned. And wish me success.
See ya on the dance floor.