Ugh… My body hates me.
Jus tha’ facts… Jus tha’ facts…
I just woke up about an hour ago. That would be 11:30 CST. Ugh. I went to bed last night at 12:30ish so I was probably asleep by 1am. Ok, campers, lets do the math. [drum roll please] That works out to roughly 10 and 1/2 hours of sleep!!!!!!
My body hates me.
Ok, ok, it really doesn’t hate me but it is being VERY demanding:
Me: I’m going to get you into shape. Here’s the work out plan.
Body: Excuse me? Are you serious? You’re nuts
Me: Yes I’m serious about this. We are going to get into shape.
Body: Fine. But have you heard about this thing called “payback?” heh heh heh
Body: Yes! Go ahead, do something like dance for four and a half hours of practice and classes, and then drive a standard truck for another 2 hours commuting and then haul groceries up stairs and stretch and lift, go ahead and just try it boyo! ‘Cause if you do, I’m going to make you SLEEP! I’m gonna make you REST! But not until I make you ache and your muscles burn. I’ve got friends ya know… My buddies, who you know as the arches in your feet, are a nice set of twins who will make you regret all that dancing!
Me: Do your worst…Ssssnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzz
All kidding aside, it is horrible how much “recovery” time my body demands at this stage of the game. And it is horrible how
little movement makes me breathe heavier and gets my heart rate up. I’m not doing continuous aerobic exercise at this point while practicing but I definitely peak in the aerobic range at points.
Things I did good yesterday:
- No diet soda.
- Drank diet green tea instead (mostly sweetened with Stevia — except for the tea I got at Sonic)
- Ate 3 meals with healthy snacks:
— Breakfast, 2 eggs, 2 toast, OJ, coffee
— Lunch, grilled chicken sandwich with extra veggies and ice tea
— Dinner Chicken Alfredo Lean Cuisine and veggies. tea.
–snacks were fruits and nuts, bannas, grapes and almonds.
- Danced for 2 hours with my partner Donna, 1 hour with my friend Mary, over an hour in the West Coast class.
- Did more of the “daily routine” stuff that I’m trying to make “routine” like blog, write, create more Zazzle products (like the one over to the right) and promote my line dance instructing business.– For example: I’m working on sending out packets of info to area event planners at area hotels and I’m calling around to area dance studios listed in the Yellow Pages to find out which ones cater to adults and have a “card / flyer” area where I can have them post my info.
Wish me success…
See ya on the dance floor!
- Day Three… and itty bitty steps which feel like hiking Mount Rainier (txcowboydancer.com)
- Day Two… Small Steps and Overdoing it on Day 1… (txcowboydancer.com)
Posted on Thu, Jun 6, 2013, in Misc and tagged coffee, Dance, diet, Diet Coke, Food, Line dance, Line Dancing, LOL Cat, Motivation, Self-motivation, Squidoo, Stevia, West Coast, zazzle. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.