Putting “Getting Fit and Healthy” into Perspective
An interesting comment at Worlds, sparks some deep thought and a very long blog post…
While I was at the World Championships of Country Western Dance, I pretty much cornered anyone who would listen to me for more than 60 seconds and regaled them with my “plans for the coming year.”
Side note: for those of you who want me to get to the point without my usual “Tony Ramblings” *ahem* Today’s topic is:
“trying to come up with an analogy that accurately encompasses the magnitude of someone’s effort to ‘get fit and healthy'”
But saying it that concisely just sounds way to scholarly for my taste. And it is Borrrring! And way *not fun* and way “too brief”, so back to the ramblings of Tony’s Brain as I set up the picture for you. 🙂
So, at Worlds, I “trapped” lots of people and forced them to watch me make like Tigger as I bounced around in excitement and effused about my plans for the coming year!
Just in case you don’t know who Tigger is watch this video:
This enforced captivity on the part of my listeners at Worlds usually started off with the innocent and alluring sounding statement
“Did you hear my good news? I won a spot on the US DanceSport Team! China here I come!“ then…
My Inner Domestic Diva has been dusting and…
The article “Caffeine, Straight Up! Confessions of a Java Junkie“
…has moved to Squidoo
Those folks who read my blog on an ongoing basis know that I
- …am currently unemployed read about it on my post entitled: I lost my job…and turned into a bear…kinda, sorta (Mary 20, 2012)
- …am trying half a dozen ways of making money online including opening a Zazzle store at www.zazzle.com called TxCowboyDancer Designs
- …am now writing articles over at Squidoo.com where hopefully they will generate enough revenue so that I don’t have to go back to a 9-5 job. I really do NOTwant to go back to a 9-5 job. Read more about that by reading these four posts
- “As the Boots Turn” #1, A Disaster or Opportunity? Glass Half Full or Half Empty? (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” #2, Sleep, Stress, and Number Two (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” #3: An Episode of Road Rage, almost (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” Episode #4, Depression, Drugs and Medical Varmits! (txcowboydancer.com)
and by reading
- I’m a writer! I’m a Squid! Woo Hoo!
And if you DO read all that you’ll understand why I moved the article which was originally in this location to Squidoo, where hopefully it will make me some money. Squidoo understandably has a policy against having an article in two places out on the internet.
Whew! Get all that?
So, if you want to read the article, just hop on over to Squdoo where you can read the whole thing:
Caffeine, Straight Up! Confessions of a Java Junkie
Here is an excerpt of the article:
Here is how a typical day of caffeine consumption goes for me right now. Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Alarm goes off. Hit the OFF button! Sleep another hour and a half. Wake up, that is if you can call a “zombie like state of consciousness” “waking up.” Waddle to the kitchen. Start coffee.
Visit the loo (I’ve always wanted to use the word “loo” in a sentence). Go back to coffee pot. Thank the gods for the existence of the coffee bean and praise the name of the unknown person who invented that little stopper thingie that keeps the still-brewing-coffee from pouring out of the basket where the grounds are located onto the hot plate of the coffee pot because I’ve pulled the pot out from the coffee maker and poured my first cup before the brewing is done.
After consuming that delicious, amazing, nectar of the gods disguised as a mere cup of coffee,
Read the complete article…
See ya on the dance floor!