Or a girl.
Ok, ok, it’s a TRUCK!
I know that ships are always “she” unless you’re Russian then ships are “he.” But trucks can be a he or a she and I haven’t driven it long enough to figure out it’s personality or it’s gender. But when I do, then I’ll have to pick out a name for it. (Note added Dec 24th — I named it “Tonks”)
Regardless, it’s MINE! All Mine! (so are the payments, but we won’t ruin the moment by talking about those!) I likes it though! I really really really REALLY likes it. And, just so we keep this whole “he’s having truck problems” related somehow to “fitness and health”, here’s the connection:..
- I have found a new truck that I really like a 2009 Toyota Tacoma.. My #1 choice
- I have financing (they’re verifying the information pending final approval, but I have the financing).
- I’m negotiating the price (via email at this point)
- I’ve scheduled a test drive of the truck for Wed.
- I know what my old truck is worth as a trade in.
- I have insurance estimates for my # 1 choice and my #2 choice.
If everything goes well, I may be driving a new truck by the end of the week.
See ya on the dance floor!
- Driveshaft Drama or “Getting Healthy Requires a Budget” (txcowboydancer.wordpress.com)
The health of my truck affects everything, even my health! I have to have a vehicle to drive the 44 mile round trip to and from work or else I don’t have a job! If I don’t have a job, I’m on the streets.
And let me tell ya, those street people don’t look too healthy! And we won’t even THINK about what all this will do to my budget and how it will affect my ability to dance and compete! Eeeeeeeeekkkk Urrrrrrkkkk Ugh!
So, sit back, or lean forward, your choice, and enjoy my tale of woe and angst while I use the process of telling you about my tale of woe and angst as a way to get my thoughts in order and come to a decision about “OMG What am I going to do??????!!!!!!”
But I digress… 😉 Back to the clunking and clanking…
Saturday, yesterday, at lunch I went out to my truck, got in, turned the key and *CLICK*. Nada, nothing, not a chirp, not a peek. Not a single erg of power. Not good.