I’ve crossed a lot off my “To Do” list…
Because I don’t want to spend a lot of time and because the clock is staring at me and because I’ve got to get up tomorrow at 8am whether or not I’m rested and because I’ve got a LONG day ahead of me tomorrow, I’m going to make this quick.
Well, “quick” as in “quick for Tony”
Anyway… first a confession. Over the past two years as my life has slid into the crapper, my humble abode which consists of a small room, a bathroom, a portion of the kitchen and a corner of the dining room have become well, uhmmm… Icky.
Here is a pic of my room, all tidy and neat. — at least one side of it anyway…. 🙂 And don’t try to zoom in, there is dust but I kept the resolution down low so ya can’t see it… so there! Thhhhhppppttttttt!
Anyway, I’ve realized though that something which got messed up over the course of MANY months can’t be fixed in a day or even a week. It is going to take a little each day to get everthing ship shape, dusted, cleaned, organized and toss a lot of stuff I don’t need and don’t use out the door…
Hmmmm… that applies to me and my body as well doesn’t it?!
Wow….deep thoughts late at night. Oh my!
Ok, Off the top of my head here are the things that I’ve accomplished over the past week (in no particular order)
- Installed new blinds in the window of my room — the old ones were grody
- Listed a bunch of stuff for sale on ebay and Amazon, holding kind of an “online garage sale” If you want to take a peek here are some links.
(please check it out… Please buy!!! I need the cash [insert desperate look])
- — My stuff for sale on eBay
- — My stuff for sale on Amazon
- — I posted some links to some cool DANCE designs I found on Zazzle. I’ll add more as time permits
- — I listed my TV and TV stand on Craigslist. (If you’re in the DFW area or know someone in the DFW area and need a TV or TV stand check it out)
- — My stuff for sale on eBay
- After a long absence of several months, I’m once again writing on Squidoo:
A friend of mine contacted me the other day and said “Hey Tony, do you know just how fabulous your writing is?” I blushed and replied, “Thank you you’re too kind…” (while secretly wishing she would pay me more compliments…duh!)
She went on to say that a lot of the article s that I’ve done here on my blog actually could make me some money! And since she knew that I’m currently unemployed as a librarian and trying hard to turn my passion for dancing and writing into a real live “make enough to pay the bills” kind of endeavor, she suggested that I create an account at Squidoo.com.
Which I did and voila… I’m a writer! An unpaid writer as of this moment, but I’m following in a time-honored tradition… 😉
For those who are not familiar with Squidoo, the basic concept is that it combines the social media aspects of the Internet with the traditional aspects of the informative article.
Face it we all know stuff. All of us have topics on which we can Read the rest of this entry