In completely random order…
OK, folks this is going to look more like a “Facebook” or “Twitter” post than one of my usual blog posts…
BUT… Sqqqqeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I am feeling AWESOME at the moment and I just had to share
The past couple / three weeks have seen some NOTICEABLE improvements in my health and fitness. A few months ago I felt as if I had hit the very bottom; I just didn’t see how it could get any worse.
Now, a few months further along, I think I was right. That was the “bottom” — why? I’m glad you asked. Because since then things have been getting better, a little at a time. A TEENY tiny LITTLE itty bitty bit at a time, but better.
So, in no particular order, these are the things that I’m happy about this morning:
- My weight on the scale this morning was 300.6 lbs. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo close to being under 300lbs! I can almost TASTE it!
- I went shopping at Kroger this week. Which is a HUGE step. I’ve been shopping at this tiny grocery mart called “Braums” for the bulk of my food. Because frankly I didn’t have the strength or stamina to go shopping at a large grocery store — the distance I had to cover to do my shopping was more than I had the strength to do. Literally. No exageration. But this week I shopped at Kroger, AND I was able to carry ALL of the groceries up the stairs without having to ask my room mate for help! Yay!
- I did a two loads of laundry on Saturday. And it wasn’t until I was done that I realized that it wasn’t an ordeal. Which is FRIGGIN’ AMAZING!
- I have met my Out of Pocket Maximum with my insurance for the year, which means that for the rest of the year everything is covered at 100% Yay! Even doctor’s visits copays and Rx copays are all zero! Yay!
- Did I mention that my weight was 300.6 lbs?
- I sold my bed! Yay! That means that I no longer have to pay $29 a month for a storage unit. Yay!
- And the money from the bed ($150) covered the gap between my monthly pension and the amount I need to pay bills. Now all I need to earn is money for food for the 2nd half of the month. Yay!
- I did a chart for my doctor — I have an appointment tomorrow morning (Tue Oct 6). My blood glucose numbers are on a downward trajectory which means that the diabetes medication is doing its job. I think it will do an even better job once I start taking it on a completely regular schedule. I sometimes forget to take the night-time dose. (My bad.) My doctor is going to give me a “Mom Look” tomorrow when I see her. But she’ll give me a hug for loosing more weight! 😀
- Avg for Last two weeks: 125
- Avg for Last four weeks: 126
- Avg for Last Last eight weeks: 127
- Avg for Last twelve weeks: 130
- Avg for Sept: 126
- Avg for Aug: 128
- Avg for July: 137
- And finally. This is the week. Come hell or high water, I am going to get to the dance studio three times this week! Well, technically, I’m not going to a “dance studio” — For me my “dance studio” is actually 24 Hour Fitness aerobics room, butcha know what I mean.. 🙂
See ya on the dance floor!
Life is lookin’ good!
Just a quick rundown of some great things that have been happening to me over the past few days… Woot! Uh-huh! YeeHaw!
- I’ve been feeling a LOT better, more energy, moving around easier, more active.
- I am now within spittin’ distance of 300 lbs! Woot! This will be a major milestone, just a few more pounds!! Yay!
- I’ve started planning for next year’s “Dance Competition Season” Woot! Check out my updated Calendar to see which events I think I’ll be attending… — I’ve started looking at dances and music for next year. I’ve already been invited to perform in the Saturday night show at the Texas Hoedown in March! Thank you Virginia for the invite! I start rehearsals on Monday. It will so good to get back into the studio!
- My Blood Glucose levels are mostly within the target range. My big challenge is taking my meds on a regular schedule. My sleep cycle keeps messing up my “take the meds” time. *sigh* but it is getting better! Progress! Not Perfection! Woot!
- I’ve been cleaning out old files on my computer, sorting them, deleting them, renaming and organizing the ones I need/want to keep.
- And over the past few days, I’ve had a sudden surge of folks buying stuff off of my design store: TxCowboyDancer Designs! Woot! Uh-huh! It really does make me feel good when something I created is bought by someone who thinks highly enough of it to lay out some cold hard cash. Even at a measly 10% commission. But hey, I ain’t gonna turn it down! Woot!Here is the current “Top Dozen” most popular designs on my site:
- Also in the “graphic design” front, one of my very favorite designs was purchased this week *and* it appears in the Top 12 for the first time! Woot! It is a photo I took when I visited Banff, just outside of Calgary, Canada. I fell in love. I actually checked job listings at their local library when I got back home to Texas. Alas, there were no openings. *sigh* Here is the photo for your enjoyment (or if you wanna buy something with it on it, well that works too!) LOL
I mean, I’m not a pro photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes you get lucky… *sigh* I wish I could go back….
- And, finally, I’ve noticed over the past few days that I am more flexible, I’m able to reach and twist more that I could a month ago. Life is good.
307.4 lbs!!!! OMG!
Did I mention that my weight today on the scale was 307.4 lbs? I did, oh, then that’s it . I now return you to your normally scheduled…
BUT WAIT! 307.4!!!! Didchagetthat?!?!
That, my dear readers, is LESS THAN 310!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
I do declare I may faint from happiness! The vapors; the VAYpoors…. I haz tha VAYpoor…. Swoooooooon
[yes, the image of a hairy balding 50 something white dude swooning
like an old time silent film star is going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day]
But I haven’t seen 310 in AGES! let alone been UNDER 310 — that, my friends, is swoon worthy!
THIS IS HUGE (pardon the pun)
COLLOSUL… COLLOSEL ? COlluseaoul?
REALLY REALLY BIG!
Darn you spell check! You failed me when I needed you most! How do you spell that word anyway!
For those of you keeping count. That makes my total weight loss just a teeny bit under 25 lbs — close enough to round to 25!!!
Woot! Uh-huh! WHO da man? Huh? WhoseYerDaddy?!! Take THAT foul fatness!
Why the sudden and dramatic downward trend?
Dude, I’m doin’ drugs.
Don’t getcher panties in a twist. They are legal “diabetic” drugs. But because my body is starting to behave the way it should, it is no longer sending FEED ME messages all the time
Which means that I’m not eating as much.
Which means that I’m using the abundant supplies of food I have stored in the subcutaneous and intramuscular spaces in my body and TAH DAH! WEIGHT LOSS!
Whew! I’m worn out! I need a cigarette. Well not really, but you get the gist… wink wink
Did I mention I weighed 307.4 lbs today? Oh, I did, ok then.
See ya on the dance floor!
7.5 Pounds gone since 6.19.2015!!!!!!!!!
I’m freakin’ out here! Literally I’m typing with this HUGE ear to ear smile on my face. Do you know what is like to drink your morning coffee with your lips stretched out ear to ear?
Messy. Very messy.
But SEVEN FRIGGIN’ POUNDS! It’s a miracle! I’m seeing the face of Elvis in my coffeemate! There are frogs raining from the sky!
Ok, ok, I am a weeeeeeeeeee bit excited by this.
You may have noticed.
I do have trouble opening up and expressing myeslf after all. I need to work on that.
SEVEN POUNDS! and 1% body fat! In LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!
Did I mention I have lost weight? Oh, I did? ooops. My bad.
Just to be specific: I weighed 318.6 lbs on 19-June-2015. This morning, (AM reading), 02-July-2015, just 13 days later I weighed 311.12 lbs
318.6 – 311.12 = 7.48 (rounding) = 7.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH. EM. GEE! Like totally! [in my best Valley Girl voice]
This morning’s revelation…
No, I’m not going all Biblical on you. Revelation as in “news.” Back on 6-19-2015 or 25-June-2015 for my European friends, I weighed in.
I had not stepped onto the scale in literally months. Yes, I had been a bad boy. Mea Cupla. I had partaken of the chocolate chip cookies. I had drank of the 100% whole milk. I had eaten of the deep dish pizza.
Maxima Mea Culpa.
And my doctor had given me a Read the rest of this entry