Confessions, Bragging, and Losing Ten Pounds Without Trying
Posted by TxCowboyDancer
I have been partaking of the chips (well, not whole bags full, I’ve eaten them as part of lunch with a sandwich)…
… and of the Chocolate Pecan Pie (though only a slice at a time)…
… and of the Jack in the Box (though I have been getting the Chicken Fajita Pita, the healthiest thing on their menu).
Yea though I seek to walk through the valley of the Non-Fat, I have partaken of the Half-n-Half (though only a little bit in each cup of coffee, not a third of the container at a time or anything like that!)…
… and the real cheese, both the sharp cheddar and the Swiss (though only a single slice on each sandwich).
I have strayed into the land of the Sonic (though I got the breakfast burrito with no bacon and two bananas)…
… and, I hang my head in shame dear breaheren and sistertheren, “S-H-A-M-E! ” I say unto you! For I have…
Succumbed to that evil temptress…
Though I did go light on the sour cream, cheese and I got the beans and extra rice and extra salsas… And It was only once, Hmmm twice, in the past two and a half weeks.
I’ve lost ten pounds. Go Team Tony!! Woot!
Soon after March 9, 2012, the day I lost my job, I stepped onto the scale and I saw a number I had never seen before 287.5 — Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! I had officially broken my own record for my heaviest weight which was up to that point 285.
Right now. I weigh 277 pounds. That’s ten pounds lost since March. Though most of that has happened in the past two and a half weeks; I lost 1 pound two weeks ago, six pounds last week and three pounds this week.
The difference really isn’t in how I’m eating. It’s in how I’m moving. I’m dancing. A lot. My stamina is increasing, I can feel my muscles getting stronger, especially my legs.
I’ve started on a positive trajectory. It is just a start but it will continue!
One More Brag…
One of my lenses over at Squidoo on “Top 10 Line Dances from the World Line Dance Newsletter” has moved below the 10,000 rank putting it into Tier Two level. Yay!
Losing Weight Without Trying…
I have been far more focused on trying to get myself in a position where I can turn dancing and writing into a paying endeavor. Though I have gone by Jenny Craig a couple of times over the past three weeks and I have a full weeks worth of Jenny Food in the fridge, I haven’t been following the Jenny Menu.
So, frankly I’m surprised by my weight loss. I haven’t been “trying” to lose weight. It has just happened. And that may be the new mental trick that will actually facilitate my success in my health goals.
A matter of focus…
I’ve been focused on things like getting enough sleep. Exercising enough to stress the body, encouraging it to adapt, but not enough to injure myself. Focusing on dance technique. Focusing on upcoming events and competitions.
I’ve been focusing this week, a lot, on building my writing skills on Squidoo, learning the ropes there, trying to create lenses that will produce money, eventually.
Have I mentioned yet in this blog post that I really, REALLY reeeeeeeeeellllllllleeeeeeeee DO NOT want to go back to the 9-5 grind? Check out the photo to the right…that pretty much sums up how I feel. And I literally laughed aloud when I spotted it on the clip art website! 🙂
Oh, I hadn’t mentioned it yet? Well now I have. 😉
My focus, dearest readers, all six of you reading this, has NOT been on losing weight. It has been on living — living a healthy lifestyle.
Yes, I’ve sinned, but my sins have been balanced by a measure of common sense.
Yes, I’ve hit Sonic and Jack in the Box and *sigh* Chipotle,butI’ve not been eating at fast food places and restaurants three times a day like I used to do all the time. And when I have gone, I’ve made fairly decent choices as to the food I’ve gotten.
So, all in all, we’ll chalk this week up as a win.
See ya on the dance floor!
Related Links / Articles
- I lost my job…and turned into a bear…kinda, sorta (txcowboydancer.com)
- I’ve turned Pro (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” #1, A Disaster or Opportunity? Glass Half Full or Half Empty? (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” #2, Sleep, Stress, and Number Two (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” #3: An Episode of Road Rage, almost (txcowboydancer.com)
- “As the Boots Turn” Episode #4, Depression, Drugs and Medical Varmits! (txcowboydancer.com)
- Secrets of a Line Dancer REVEALED! / Newsflash! – Join the fun at the LA Hayride! (txcowboydancer.com)
- Sometimes you just know…you’re getting better… (txcowboydancer.com)
- Getting Started With Squidoo (The official overview, FAQ and TOS) (squidoo.com)
- >>>>>>>> Start a lens of your own <<<<<<<<<<<<< (squidoo.com)
- Is Squidoo Profitable? (happilyeverafter71011.wordpress.com)
- Are you looking for a Squid Angel Blessing? (bdkz.typepad.com)
My posts on Squidoo so far:
- Music to Dance By: Triple Two Step Finding good music for a particular genre of dance is often very hard to do. In this lens, you’ll find some basic information on “Triple Two Step” and some..
- Who is this Crazy Cowboy from Texas? Well, to answer the question in this lens’ title . . . My name is Tony New and I’m not really crazy. I’m a bit twisted… maybe, in a metaphorical kind of…
- Top 10 Line Dances from the World Line Dance Newsletter for the Week ending 05/06/2012 Hi there, I’m your tour guide through this week’s top ten line dances from Carol Craven’s “World Line Dance Newsletter” for the week ending May 6, 2012. The…
About TxCowboyDancerEleven time Country Dance World Champion. I love to dance. In the middle of a journey, transforming myself from "unemployed and out-of-shape" to "in-shape and full time dance instructor, writer and graphic artist."
Posted on Sun, May 13, 2012, in Misc and tagged Chipotle, chocolate pecan pie, Dance, Diet food, Food, hate my day job, Health, healthy-living, Jack in the Box, Jenny Craig, restaurants, Shopping, Sonic, Squidoo, the 9-5 grind, txcowboydancer.com, Weight loss, World Line Dance Newsletter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.